Hesse Darmstadt

redcoat
Reactions:

Re: Hesse Darmstadt

Post by redcoat »

I wish there was some way we could help him create things. I am, trying to learn how to use Garniers OOB editor so I can help out. I now have more free time since I am done coaching lacrosse before football season starts so I would love to be able to make units too since I have so much down time. Keep up the good work
so do i!i have a little talent with art which has been used in other mods but im not of much use to gs.
luckily there are sterling people like jack o'neil who provides his stunning oob's. cheers
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Leaatherneck - Beautiful illustrations. I find the variance in the different national uniforms up to around 1808 far more interesting than the "shakos with everything" style many armies adopted after that.

And of course uniforms were even more stunning from the 1750s to the 1790s.
Last edited by Saddletank on Sun May 20, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Gentlemen,

While it is wonderful to hear all of us provide such superb information to each other, I feel it is my duty to remind us all of just how lucky we really are - to have this fantastic mod to play with at all, slaved into this superb game engine. With the absolute dirth of Really Historical PC games out there, I believe I shall point out the virtue of patience with regards to new lads to fight with. All of us have talent. It's just defining it for use. His Gunship-ness has blessed us with great gaming. Let us allow him his own direction in where he takes us. ;)

Jack "just back from another nightmare adventure overseas" O'Neill B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I feel it is my duty to remind us all of just how lucky we really are - to have this fantastic mod to play with at all.

Jack "just back from another nightmare adventure overseas" O'Neill B)
Well Said!

He whom has many names!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I think, above everything Gunship has done and is working on, what I would want most is for NSD to alter the game so that this mod can be used in multiplayer. That would be... effing awesome. It would open SoW:GB up to a whole vast new market of gamers (and of course paying customers).
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Leatherneck24
Reactions:

Post by Leatherneck24 »

If we get multiplayer this Mod would be by far the best napoleonic game out there. I really enjoy the historical order system and I think that would make multiplayer over the top fun. You are right without gunship we would have nothing and I am just glad to have found this mod B)
Pas de charge! In the name of God, En Avant!-En avant, vive L'Empereur!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Gentlemwn,

Tank has brought it up so I think I should make my report - In between various sidetrips to certain Southeast Asian mountainous areas, I have done considerable research on an MP aspect of the NapMod. It is with sadness that there are 3 different ways to do it, but none of them can be achieved.
1) Because of the many changed aspects of just the .csv files alone, there is really no way to incorperate the Mod directly into the game engine. Therefore -
2) The primary server which the MP game utilizes would have to be "split" or partitioned to accomidate the Mod as a complete game in it's own right. Not possible since it is not our server. So -
3) Utilize a seperate server to house the modded game itself. Again, not really an option since we don't have a server AND don't have proprietory rights to the game itself in order to load it in.

There may be other options out there, but these seem to be the most viable to me. I believe it take a collaboration between Norb/Team and Gunship, acting in concert, to bring this about.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Multiplayer would be an awesome addition. As Jack pointed out its not possible due to the amount of csv files changed. I dont know what the reason behind the current 'allow list' except to prevent cheating, i suppose if I ask nicely it might be possible:).

I love making units! One of the great things about this game is any unit can be represented and is only limited my the modders ability to create the sprites, as modding the csv files is trivial. For those that dont know the only real way to make sprites is to use a 3d modelling program and then be able to render out all the frames and angles, and then to pack them together. I started making units about three years ago for the other game using imports from NTW2. It was slow progress and everything i found out i did by myself. At one point I was going to give up but i persevered and everything fell into place and i was able to create the sprite sheets. My 3d modelling is very basic though so i cant generate new units from scratch, so some uniforms might not be cut correctly but they are always well researched. I am able to do minor modding like creating new helmets and merging various model parts together, for example there are new Bavarian or Wurttemberg units in NTW2 so i used what ever looked the closest and modding them until they were right.

Creating a new unit doesnt take that much time if the moddifications are simple, and with the new packing method generating sprite sheets is also much quicker. The only limitation is free time which is not much at the moment so i do stuff when i can, thats why it seems to take so long to get mods out, good news though is that i have only a few units left for the penninsula mod, then i will be starting on the vast array of British flags, something that hasnt been required so far.
Last edited by gunship24 on Mon May 21, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

so,does that mean your doing regimental colours for the british units? that would be brilliant!
if you need help with research gimme a shout.

with regard to the music,im gathering more and more relevant stuff together.i thought id start by posting up french and austro hungarian first as they pertain to the existing mod,so shall i post them here or start a new thread?
awaiting orders sir! cheers
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Red,

I'd use a new, specific thread so as to keep them all in one place.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"