proper music

gunship24
Reactions:

Re: proper music

Post by gunship24 »

I only discovered the in-game marching music recently, i like it!
Yea i notice it very infrequently. I think it comes on when using roads to march and you are close to the sprites. Very atmospheric :).
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

nope,its just an mp3.look,i'll try again
[attachment]SAINT CYR or MARCH OF SAINT CYR - French Military March of the 1st Empire & the Republic.zip[/attachment]

see?and i did no different with this than i did with the british stuff.
if nothing else presents itself,i'll stick it up on mediafire or somesuch.
its irritating cos i got loads of good gear for the mod! cheers
Last edited by redcoat on Wed May 23, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

How big is the file redcoat?

I have no clue what the size limit is for NSD forum. Here I'll send up a test file...

The attachment openbve_stable.zip is no longer available
It has to be your file size there redcoat. As you can see I just uploaded a file almost 2 meg in size.

If you want a ftp server, I can setup an account for you no charge, no fuss. Up to you though. I only do this for people I like. OR ask Norb if they can set you up with one.
Attachments
openbve_stable.zip
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Wed May 23, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

mike me boy,you forget your talking to an orc!
i got no idea what one of those is,but if it'll get the music to gunship i'll do it.
must be file size.lots of them are 4-5 meg apiece and no,ive no idea why that is!

gotta go to work now but if you can give me some idea what you are talking about,i'd be grateful for any help. cheers
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

i got no idea what one of those is,but if it'll get the music to gunship i'll do it.
must be file size.lots of them are 4-5 meg apiece and no,ive no idea why that is!

gotta go to work now but if you can give me some idea what you are talking about,i'd be grateful for any help. cheers
Hi redcoat.

I made it much more easier for you. All you have to to is visit my wesbite, and register. Then I will add you to the list of modders who can upload to the Downloads area.

I created a folder specfically for you so you can share your music. people will be able to listen to it, or download it, whatever they want too.

My website: http://www.justallinone.com

Update: You have to let me know what name nick you registered under (PM me) so I can add you.

Note to Redcoat: If you wish to allow the files to be downloaded, you will have to upload them as .rar, .zip, 7z, 7zip otherwise if they are in .mp3 format folks will only be able to listen to them instead of being able to download them(program I am using can't see the difference for some odd reason).

Once you register I will be johnny on the spot to get you added, so you can start uploading. I will be placing a few music files there myself under your name so you can see where to place your uploads. Also once you upload your file(s) they will immediately be published to the public.

Note: If any other modder wishes to be added to the modders list so you can upload your files directly, please let me know.

Later!
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Wed May 23, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Barry Lyndon in Italian? That's different.

I also see how much Stanley Kubrick changed things so that the music fits; that infantry marching pace is WAAAAY too fast! He must have set up the entire scene with that musical score in mind.

Another clip, with less talking over it and some nice shouted orders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7wEUlpaYjY

(Also the late and great Leonard Rossiter [over]acting superbly)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SISjSXsb ... h_response

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGrxHO-B ... re=related

(When the drums come in, it makes your heart really go!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bs07Ovq ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTnaD7Vt ... re=related

(with some combat sounds from the film "Waterloo")
Last edited by Saddletank on Fri May 25, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

Hi redcoat.

I made it much more easier for you. All you have to to is visit my wesbite, and register. Then I will add you to the list of modders who can upload to the Downloads area.

I created a folder specfically for you so you can share your music. people will be able to listen to it, or download it, whatever they want too.

Update: You have to let me know what name nick you registered under (PM me) so I can add you.

Note to Redcoat: If you wish to allow the files to be downloaded, you will have to upload them as .rar, .zip, 7z, 7zip otherwise if they are in .mp3 format folks will only be able to listen to them instead of being able to download them(program I am using can't see the difference for some odd reason).

Once you register I will be johnny on the spot to get you added, so you can start uploading. I will be placing a few music files there myself under your name so you can see where to place your uploads. Also once you upload your file(s) they will immediately be published to the public.

Note: If any other modder wishes to be added to the modders list so you can upload your files directly, please let me know.

Later!
thanks my good man! just accessing this from work to say i'll be along to your website to sort it out tomorrow.
gotta go as its about to kick off at the door.its going to be a long night! cheers
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Hi redcoat.

Later!
thanks my good man! just accessing this from work to say i'll be along to your website to sort it out tomorrow.
gotta go as its about to kick off at the door.its going to be a long night! cheers
No problem, and have a good night at work.

I thought this would be the easier route to take since I have the downloads area anyway. You can upload up to 128 meg per file. If you need to upload anything larger than 128 megs (per file) I can upgrade you to a full FTP account. Totally free, and without any hassels.

What you will get: As much Hard Drive space you need. It's not monitored in any way, and I am with a pretty good server.

So have at it!

Cheers.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Thu May 24, 2012 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I forgot to mention if all you wish to do is pass on your work to Gunship, all you have to do is #1: Setup a FTP server locally or have Gunship set one up, and all you do is login to his system, upload, and that's it.

If this route suits you then visit the link below.

This is the free way of doing it: http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=server

I know there are far superior pieces of work out there. I personally XAAMP for all my server needs locally which has everything a growing boy needs.

Anyone who wants XAAMP visit here: http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html

:)
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

oi mick,
registered on your site (i think!) as redcoat.
so where do i go and wot 'appens now? cheers

edit; am i supposed to recieve an email confirmation or somesuch?
thus far,i aint!

edit to the edit;

just got an email so i think im in.although it did say 'activation complete' and 'login blocked' on the same page and just below that 'hi redcoat'! so i presume all is well.

i'll upload the stuff on that site if its all the same to you mike,i didnt understand a word of your other offer!
so is 'battle music' the place im aiming for? cheers
Last edited by redcoat on Thu May 24, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.