Redcoat's Music Collection for Wagram 1809 Modification/Conversion.

redcoat
Reactions:

Re: Redcoat's Music Collection for Wagram 1809 Modification/Conversion.

Post by redcoat »

do you mean within one army or both armys?
im sure ive heard different music for yanks and rebs.
any of the game gods up on mount 'little round olympus'give us a hand?
cos i have no idea! cheers
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

I think the list is common for both armies. The function is called "marchmusic" which is ran when the Use Roads button is pressed. There seems to be about 4 or 5 march musics in the sound folder which all sound similar. So i dont think theres a way to have different march music per unit, which is a shame.

[fixed typos]
Last edited by gunship24 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

could 'them as are in charge'know a way round this?
ive noticed theres music as in fifes and drums and such and bugle calls as well,could you slot some different music in there?
why dont you pm norb or someone,dont forget to sacrifice 4 virgins first (if you can find any!) cheers
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

All,

I've worked around this march music thing for a while and no, we can't have different music for each nationality. What I have done is this - I have taken Redcoats music and some I have and run it as a soundtrack behind the game. I have turned off the march music and just have that playing. Also, I have subdivided The music into national folders, i.e: British, French, etc and play the appropriate folder with whichever nationality I am currently commanding. It's not perfect but it does give you some background music.

Also, most of the march music from SOWGB IS from the 1700's, with the obvious exception of "Dixie" and "The Battle Hymn...", Gary Owen, The Girl I left Behind Me and The Minstral Boy are all from the 1700's or earlier.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Michigander
Reactions:

Post by Michigander »

All,

I've worked around this march music thing for a while and no, we can't have different music for each nationality. What I have done is this - I have taken Redcoats music and some I have and run it as a soundtrack behind the game. I have turned off the march music and just have that playing. Also, I have subdivided The music into national folders, i.e: British, French, etc and play the appropriate folder with whichever nationality I am currently commanding. It's not perfect but it does give you some background music.

Also, most of the march music from SOWGB IS from the 1700's, with the obvious exception of "Dixie" and "The Battle Hymn...", Gary Owen, The Girl I left Behind Me and The Minstral Boy are all from the 1700's or earlier.

Jack B)
Yeah the thing that makes it easier with a US Civil War game is that both sides were playing the same tunes :P . (With a few exceptions. Though the Union had their own version of Dixie and the Rebs had their own version of the Battle Cry of Freedom.) Most of the music played in the Civil War, and even still by the US Military today, were really British, Irish, French or Prussian tunes.
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

All,

Jack B)
thats sounds a good option.all i really need i suppose is to hear french sounds when im playing the french and british when im playing them etc.
i cant wait for the man to do prussia and russia,i got some wicked good sounds for those boys! cheers
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Hmm, i have an idea that might work for march music. It all depends if it is possible to loop sounds. I'll take a look.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Red,

Yes, I've worked around trying to get nationality-specific for each unit for awhile. Not possible. My "souundtrack" version seems to work out okay. Like you, I look forward to possible Russians and Prussians also. We can hope. Am having a great time with the Brits and Portugeuse. Trying to get some time to put together some larger OOBs, like Fuentes De Onoro. That should be cool.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Hi Jack, just so you know im working on Corunna, Talavera and Salamanca OOBs. Fuentes de Onoro sounds good.
Good work on the music too.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Gun,

Roger that. :)

Red,

Also, Great music collection. We all appreciate your work.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"