The next Expansion

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
gunship24
Reactions:

Re: The next Expansion

Post by gunship24 »

im looking forward to the new maps with the new level of detail and textures on them. cant wait B)
Last edited by gunship24 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rclark14
Reactions:

Post by rclark14 »

Hi, this is my favorite pc game besides internet chess. I can not wait for new better battles- I like the historical battles the best- because it is like reliving History. :cheer:
Flanyboy
Reactions:

Post by Flanyboy »

So Chancellorsville is a stand alone game? Does that mean it has a lot more additional features built into it than the most recent expansion? This is exciting!
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

My understanding at this point is that there will be a Standalone version of CV as well as a map pack version for people who already have GB. The CV SA version will be essentially the same as GB patched to version 1.5. You will also need to patch to version 1.5 to install the CV map pack.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Flanyboy
Reactions:

Post by Flanyboy »

Is there a reason why its being done that way? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me... :/
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Is there a reason why its being done that way? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me... :/
According to the publisher, stand alone games sell better than expansion packs. And this being our first battle with them as our publisher, they feel confident they can prove that point. If they do, we've got a win win thing...so we've agreed.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Flanyboy
Reactions:

Post by Flanyboy »

According to the publisher, stand alone games sell better than expansion packs. And this being our first battle with them as our publisher, they feel confident they can prove that point. If they do, we've got a win win thing...so we've agreed.
I don't doubt they sell better but at what cost to the impact on existing customers? I think it may well be a pain point for existing customers and hurt long term. Also it could lead to a fragmentation of the online community between new customers who only have Chancellorsville and existing customers who wont have as seamless an experience because of the setup.

I would think a compilation might work better than as a stand alone but I'm also not the one managing your business. However, I am pleased to see you guys working with Matrix/Slitherne, they are publishers of my favorite war games other than SOW. War in the Pacific AE, Panzer Corps, and World War One Gold.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I don't doubt they sell better but at what cost to the impact on existing customers? I think it may well be a pain point for existing customers and hurt long term. Also it could lead to a fragmentation of the online community between new customers who only have Chancellorsville and existing customers who wont have as seamless an experience because of the setup.
\.
And that's exactly what we're trying to work out now.. Make the transition as smooth as possible with little impact on current customers. And remember that the idea is to make Chancellorsville available as a standalone, and a map pack for Gettysburg customers.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

\.
And that's exactly what we're trying to work out now.. Make the transition as smooth as possible with little impact on current customers. And remember that the idea is to make Chancellorsville available as a standalone, and a map pack for Gettysburg customers.
If you can get the CV SA customers and the GB CV map pack customers to be able to play each other in multiplayer, everybody wins.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/