Ideas for next Release

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Ideas for next Release

Post by Little Powell »

We've always wanted to Brandy Station. It opened the Gettysburg campaign (so it's pretty much a prequel to SOWGB) and it makes a really fun little expansion.

As for other battles, just stay tuned is all I can say.. :)
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

Using my powers of intuition, I can almost guarantee that Shiloh is next! Or Chickamauga.
Last edited by IronBMike on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
CWGII -> SMG -> SMA -> WNLB -> ANGV -> TC -> TC2M -> SOW
The Last Full Measure
Reactions:

Post by The Last Full Measure »

I'm hoping for campaign mode. However, I imagine to do a real comprehensive game like that would be a programmer's nightmare. So limiting my suggestions to the current scenario based game, I suggest improving battle realism by:
- Creating battlefield logistics such as transport of prisoners and removal of wounded
- Establishment of supply and communication lines including greatly increasing the number of supply wagons
- Including camp equipage and baggage

Admittedly, a lot of these things would be more important in a campaign based game, but I think inclusion of these things would not only enhance battle realism but also, in a small way, help the player to keep the bigger picture in mind. For instance, if each supply wagon is increased 10 fold you simply won't be able to allow them to meander all around the battle field. They will need to be parked and protected. The loss of a supply train should cost a lot of points. After all, if a lot of your ammunition and supplies were captured or destroyed your ability to fight well in the next battle would be severely hampered.
montecristo1981
Reactions:

Post by montecristo1981 »

These ideas all sound cool. Campaign especially.

Personally, I would love to see the removal of supply wagons - but an algorithm for supply implemented.
RDBoles
Reactions:

Post by RDBoles »

I would like to see the Perryville campaign with 3 or 4 maps of the various close encounters. Oobs with Bragg and Van Dorn teaming up on Buell.
Move Forward
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Yes I think Perryville would be a good choice too. It moves things away from Virginia, and is also a much more open battlefield than Shiloh or Chickamauga, which IMHO makes for better games.

Looking forward to Brandy Station though :) .

Martin
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Mouse clicks were more responsive. It was easier to move troops around, etc.

TC2M has a much better "feel" than SoW. I find myself drawn back to TC2M because of this. The game just feels smoother.
Hmm, I don't think that I could ever go back to the previous game, the courier-system is without a doubt one of Norb's greatest programming feats!

davinci
Totally agree - but still have a soft spot for TC2M :)
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

A natural progression would be to a stand alone campaign - Vicksburg or Atlanta would be fantastic to see!!! :) :woohoo:

But single battle wise Shiloh or Chickamauga would be logical....I just want to see the guys here do well out of what is a fantastic game!

Zeke
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
helm123
Reactions:

Post by helm123 »

I'm a classic lurker of forums and rarely post. But I'd like to toss in a vote for hopefully at sometime seeing a campaign implemented. It would add to an already outstanding simulation.

Others called out the Valley campaign and I can't imagine the sense of accomplishment that would come from repeating or repelling Jacksons feat.

I have dreamed of a marriage of SOW tatical engine and Ageod's grand campaign engine......Nirvana
montecristo1981
Reactions:

Post by montecristo1981 »

Campaign, would love that.