Fox's Gap Map

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Fox's Gap Map

Post by NY Cavalry »

I have been playing SP HITS on the Fox Gap map and I'm really liking the map in general. It is not at all an easy map to play HITS on and would be great for a 20k vs 20k battle played with HITS.

The Antietam add on is worth the money just for the maps.
con20or
Reactions:

Re: Fox's Gap Map

Post by con20or »

It's one of my favourites for HITS as well.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

It's interesting that although the Fox Gap and Crampton Gap maps are similar, they produce very different battles. The ones on Crampton Gap tend to favor fighting on the flat land east of the ridge, while the Fox Gap map has a majority of battles on the slopes or top of the ridge. If one keeps the vegetation toggled on, the mountain battles are extremely confusing.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Fox's Gap is probably my favourite map. At times with HITS it feels like the jungles of 'nam.

It was on this map when I was marching a column along a road through the woods that I first encountered that peculiar shiver up the spine you only get with HITs which was the boom of cannons off to my flank. Quite close! Then hastily forming my brigade to the flank, skirmishers to the front and cautiously going forwards to find the battle.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.