What does the Jury Think?

Michigander
Reactions:

Re: What does the Jury Think?

Post by Michigander »

Honestly the company that makes these films are the best company out there for Civil War era films. The uniforms in this clip in particular are the best in a Civil War movie, down to the kersey the rebs are wearing and were issued for the 64 campaign. The budgets on these films are small, but they depict civil war combat well. If you want to see another CW era film where they do depict round shot, check out another film by this company called "No Retreat From Destiny". It is a documentary on the Battle of Monocacy. All the of the soldiers in these films are REENACTORS.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

Honestly the company that makes these films are the best company out there for Civil War era films. The uniforms in this clip in particular are the best in a Civil War movie, down to the kersey the rebs are wearing and were issued for the 64 campaign. The budgets on these films are small, but they depict civil war combat well. If you want to see another CW era film where they do depict round shot, check out another film by this company called "No Retreat From Destiny". It is a documentary on the Battle of Monocacy. All the of the soldiers in these films are REENACTORS.
I agree. Overall, a pretty good clip. But you have to remember, this is a pretty tough audience to impress.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

I was just curious what others thought. I found it on Youtube and was impressed (with the exception of the ground explosions).

Trying to find some good Civil War movies to watch. Hard to find.

Here is the Battle of Monocacy one. I don't think the video is as great of quality, but the solid shot bolt is fantastic:

The biggest problem with war films is that it only looks good if everyone dies. Fortunately, that really didn't happen.
Last edited by Hancock the Superb on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hancock the Superb
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

An actual hit is at the end of this video segment.

Last edited by Jim on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

Scroll down to the 30lb Parrott clip, there is a strike from the bolt at the end of the video clip.

Paulson Brothers Corp Videos

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863