Peninsular Mod v1.01 (requires Road to Wagram v1.5)

gunship24
Reactions:

Peninsular Mod v1.01 (requires Road to Wagram v1.5)

Post by gunship24 »

The attachment screen0308_2012-07-23.jpg is no longer available
Peninsular Mod for Road to Wagram
This is a mod for Road to Wagram that adds a new nation, Great Britain and her allies, and new french and allied units to the game. This mod focus' around the French invasion of Spain and Portugal from 1808 to 1814.

There are several OOBs; Rolica (1808), Vimeiro (1808) and Albuera (1811). Patch v1.02 (see installation instructions) also adds Corunna and Talavera.

New in v1.01:
SPOILER: SHOW
New in v1.0:
SPOILER: SHOW
Install:
1) Download the Road to Wagram main mod FOUND HERE and put it in the Mods folder. See the forum sticky for details.
2) Download the Peninsular mod v1.01 FOUND HERE and put it in the Mods folder.
2a) Download the v1.02 patch FOUND HERE. Extract it to the Peninsula mod folder. select 'yes' to overwrite files.
3) Activate the Road to Wagram and the Peninsular mods. Ensure the peninsular mod is below the main Road to Wagram mod in your mod list (this can be changed using the arrows on the Mods page)
4) If you want to go back to the Road to Wagram mod simply disable the Peninsular mod
Attachments
screen0308_2012-07-23.jpg
screen0308_2012-07-23.jpg (164.46 KiB) Viewed 181 times
Last edited by gunship24 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
william1993
Reactions:

Re: Peninsular Mod v1 (requires Road to Wagram v1.4)

Post by william1993 »

I played with the Vimiero OOB and I was the British and I barely whipped the French. All I had was Rowland Hill and Miles Nightingale's brigades against the French 1st Division and they had the high ground and some veteran troops. I ended up capturing a whole battery and inflicting about 2100 to my 1800 casualties but it was close and at the end a lot of my regiments were shot up and wavering.

I also reduced the musket ranges to 90 to make it somewhat realistic, as musket fights were at close range.

Oh, and one more thing, the 5/60th and the 95th rifles are armed with smoothbores for some reason. Do you know how to fix it?
God darn. Holy testicles. All them people.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

William,

You'll have to change the weapon type in the OOB. The correct weapon, (Baker Rifle), is in the Rifles.csv file. Just delete the Brown Bess entry in the OOB and type in the Baker Rifle. Pay attention, but, since you know how to change the ranges and such, should be no problem.

Jack B)
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Yes they should have the baker rifle, IDS_ARSN_Baker_Rifle, thanks for the heads up i'll make the changes.

There arent any engine changes i can think of. Im going to create more OOBs, Corunna is next follwed by Talavera, then take a look at the cavalry issue again. Im also wanting to reduce the amount of casualties suffered per side to more realisitc levels.
Last edited by gunship24 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
william1993
Reactions:

Post by william1993 »

You mean overall casualties to realistic levels or cavalry-based casualties.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Im also wanting to reduce the amount of casualties suffered per side to more realisitc levels.
Gunship, have a talk with Marching Thru Georgia about that. He's been doing some work on the ACW for the HITS group that attempts to address the 'too many casualties' effects of the basic game and we now have our units down to under 50% losses on average at which the collapse and rout point is reached.

What he has done is reduced the rates of fire but increased the morale effects of each casualty. Thus firefights last about as long but units fall back with fewer casualties. We think this suits the type of ACW warfare where units would waver, fall back, rally, hold on and return to the line - up to several times - before finally breaking and heading for the hills.

The problem is, this isn't the kind of behaviour I think Napoleonic troops exhibited where these, due to draconian discipline would hold the line far longer and when they did break and run, that was pretty much it. Even so, with some shuffling of the numbers, MTGs work may still be of use, so perhaps drop him a PM.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Well, I just downloaded Road to Wagram and the Peninsular Mods. Although my heart still lies in the Civil War, I must say that everyone who worked on this mod has done an excellent job. It was impressive to say the least when I watched a French Brigade in all their fancy uniforms march around the flank...to run into one of my English Brigades hiding behind a hill.

Good work to all again. By the way, in the OOBs, you should either keep the units as complete battalions or turn them into companies. It doesn't make a lot of sense to split them into two, militarily speaking, even though they would be super large with 900 something men.
Last edited by Hancock the Superb on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hancock the Superb
Tacloban
Reactions:

Post by Tacloban »

Oh Joy! Rapture!

This mod release has put a rose on an otherwise thorny day for me.
Thank you!
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Hi Tacloban, was it you that did the peninsular OOBs for TC2M?

For the ones that are split ive done two versions just to see whats its like. These OOBs are fairly small that i could get away with it, i wouldnt do that for the large ones and dont intend to do anymore unless for special occasions. Alot of the peninsular fights later one were fought with depleted battalions so i will be able to do normal sprite ratios. You are right, i do prefer the 'one unit' OOBs. What would you say about cavalry units? Napoleon said that the cavalry squadron was akin to the infantry battalion, in the Albuera OOB the cavalry remain as regiments which seems rather big, and i was thinking about splitting them up into squadrons.

Thanks saddletank, will do. In all my fights the unit casualties do seem high compared to actual reports. I might be able to tweak it so the units behave a bit more realistically.

I am back tonight at my home so will be able to look at more OOBs.
Last edited by gunship24 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
william1993
Reactions:

Post by william1993 »

Squadrons are better than full units, because sometimes they would be detached or held in reserve