The Real Gettysburg OOB

Here we solicit numbers from members concerning anything regarding historical numbers that affect a Civil War simulation: hit rates, rates of fire, casualty rates, movement rates, you name it. The idea is that we're really trying to get the numbers for the game right.

Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

The Real Gettysburg OOB

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Here is the whole OOB. It has every organization east of the mountains and north of North Carolina.

Someone ought to put this together...

Gettysburg Order of Battle
Hancock the Superb
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: The Real Gettysburg OOB

Post by Saddletank »

Awesome, especially all the Union rear area units. This kind of info is vital in a campaign.

Now... we need someone to add the strengths to all of them... And suggest unit qualities ;)
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

Gen Dix and troops under his command are not mentioned in the above OOB. The fort Monroe, other Union troops in Virginia and N Carolina troops are not included.

Pickett's division is missing two of his brigades that were left in Virginia to watch the Union troops mentioned above.

Pickett had a large 5 brigade division, but only was able to bring 3 brigades to Gettsburg. I guess that was lucky for the two brigades left behind.
Last edited by NY Cavalry on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Yah, I made a rather large statement there. I actually didn't read down through the entire thing, once I saw the Department of the Susquehanna, I said that this must have every unit stationed on the East Coast on it.
Hancock the Superb