Gamer sites for press release

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Jim
Reactions:

Gamer sites for press release

Post by Jim »

One of the new things we are trying to do is to be better organized about publicity. We have an actual press release to send out. What gamer sites should this be sent to, please nominate useful candidates. Thanks.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
estabu2
Reactions:

Re:Gamer sites for press release

Post by estabu2 »

gamereplays.org is a huge game site for RTS type games. It would be really good if you could get some info over there. I think they have over 90,000 members.
Last edited by estabu2 on Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Post by Gunfreak »

http://www.gamer.no/

Biggest gaming site in norway, 160 000 users on the forums, ACW is suprisingly big in norway so it might be worth a look
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Would there be any advantage to sending the press release to civil war related non-gaming sites such as www.cwreenactors.com, www.gettysburg.com, and the various reenactor sutler web sites, as examples?
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Amish John wrote:
Would there be any advantage to sending the press release to civil war related non-gaming sites such as www.cwreenactors.com, www.gettysburg.com, and the various reenactor sutler web sites, as examples?
I think that is absolutely necessary. These are the guys that want these games more than anyone else. They need to hear about them. We would really appreciate getting as many of these sites as possible listed on this thread. There are a lot of games boards, but they are not really where a history buff would go. So we need to make sure that the history player is informed as well.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

Gunfreak wrote:
http://www.gamer.no/

Biggest gaming site in norway, 160 000 users on the forums, ACW is suprisingly big in norway so it might be worth a look
As I don't read Norwegian very well, is there a specific email address that the PR should be sent to? Thanks.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

http://www.gamespot.com
http://www.gamespy.com/

These are the two big ones that come to mind. More to come..
ReinhartGamersAt
Reactions:

Post by ReinhartGamersAt »

Well I've been a step ahead of you guys - I've downloaded the press release already and am going to do a first preview/news posting at the online page of the Austrian game magazine I'm working for (it will be in German but if needed I can supply an English version as well if you want to put it up on the game homepage). I've notified Norb about it a few days back but haven't heard back from him so I decided to register an account here.
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Post by Gunfreak »

try and send a mail to this guy

mailto:joachim@gamer.no he's the guy that deals with news