Multiplayer games

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
24th Georgia Volunteer
Reactions:

Multiplayer games

Post by 24th Georgia Volunteer »

Hello gentlemen,

I have been playing TC2M for a few years now and I've finally found the time and money to upgrade and buy Scourge of War, but I am just curious as I know there are two map expansions out now, will I be able to play multiplayer with people or do I need the expansions to play? Is everyone using the new maps? I was thinking of buying Pipe Creek with Gettysburg, but at the moment I am unable to afford Antietam, but is anyone playing these older maps on multiplayer?
Thank you for the replies!

Regards,
Ciaran
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Re: Multiplayer games

Post by KG_Soldier »

www.sowmp.com

Welcome. Check out the GCM: most of the multiplayer battles are GCM games. We always accommodate players who only have the stock maps, but we do play the other maps when all players have them.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Welcome to the game and to the forum. There are two active mp groups that I am aware of. The first and largest is the GCM group. They play at the normal difficulty level with their own mod. Their website is:
http://www.sowmp.com/gcm

A smaller group, based in Britain, but with members worldwide including the states is the Kriegspiel group. They play at the historic difficulty level. That is, all players command from the saddle using couriers and follow the chain of command. They also have their own mod. Their website is: http://forum.kriegsspiel.org.uk/

The two offer very different experiences, so try them both out. I wish you many happy hours of gaming.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
24th Georgia Volunteer
Reactions:

Post by 24th Georgia Volunteer »

Thank you both, sorry also that I posted in the wrong section, I'm just learning the lay of the land here on the forums at the moment. Anyways, hope to see you all on the field!