Linking battles?

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
norb
Reactions:

Re:Linking battles?

Post by norb »

They are listed on the FAQ Team page. You mean I'm spending all this time updating the content on the site and no one knows it's there? I gotta figure out what I'm doing wrong. But there are menus and stuff and there are FAQ pages with the entire team and some bios.
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Norb Wrote:...You mean I'm spending all this time updating the content on the site and no one knows it's there? I gotta figure out what I'm doing wrong...
Norb, between the exceptionally SLoooW downloading of this website and my dialup and other related goofy 'norbsoftware.com' problems, i consider myself lucky i can fumble through posting on the forums. :S
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Sorry, forgot about your packet challenged connection :)
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

gray100 wrote:
Got to admit CWG2 was a favourite of mine for many years purely for the campaign mode. However if the whole gettysburg campaign can be done that would be karma for me.

gray
Are you talking about Civil War Generals 2? Is it real time or turn style? never tried it and is it supported?

Hoistingman4
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Sorry, forgot about your packet challenged connection
:laugh: :laugh: :) :(
Only on this website though!! :(
gray100
Reactions:

Post by gray100 »

CWG2 was turn based but the campaign game made you careful so you had something left to fight with on the next battle. Graphics were dted but the game play was good.

Gray
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

Was there a CWG1? If so was it like CWG2? I'm sure those products are on ebay, I'll try anything at this point, while waiting for NSD Getttsburg to be released, Thanks for the tip.

Hoistingman4
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

hoistingman4 wrote:
Was there a CWG1? If so was it like CWG2? I'm sure those products are on ebay, I'll try anything at this point, while waiting for NSD Getttsburg to be released, Thanks for the tip.

Hoistingman4
Hey hoistingman4 ,

Yes, there was a prior game called : "Civil War Generals"

It was very similar to CWG2.

Excellent PC games for their time !!!!

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

Would they be playable on XP? I see what you are talking about on ebay and they are fetching a high value price considering their vintage. At least they are not DOS. I'd hate to buy into another crap game, not committed yet, still looking.

Thanks, Hoistingman4
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
jb hood
Reactions:

Post by jb hood »

i have both cwg versions
was a really good game
cwg3 was planned, but never started
“They are lying on the field where you sent them.”