Scourge of War Gettysburg Download Link.

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Scourge of War Gettysburg Download Link.

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

I am wondering if the link for the full download is the latest 1.5 version?

Just wondering guys.
Garnier
Reactions:

Re: Scourge of War Gettysburg Download Link.

Post by Garnier »

No, the full download is 1.4.

I don't know if there is any way to download 1.5 full, which means there is also no legit way to get a demo version of 1.5.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

No, the full download is 1.4.

I don't know if there is any way to download 1.5 full, which means there is also no legit way to get a demo version of 1.5.
I am really getting confused here. In one post on the Matrix Forum, a demo is only a demo, and cannot be activated. I am told that a full version is downloadable once you register your copy, but all I am seeing for downloads once you login are the addon packs, the patches, and a review copy of Scourge of War Gettysburg which in my mind is a demo, and nothing more, and you can't activate the demo.

The latest version I have for a hardcopy is 1.00 (over two years old), which I am told since this question has been asked, and answered in SOWgb Matrix forum area that it would be best to purchase a copy to be on the safe side since the older demo/full install may have problems being patched.

I'm all over the place on this... I guess the only way is to uninstall SOWgb, and install my original 1.00, and see what happens.

I'll let you know if this can be done. It should work, I can't see how it wouldn't since 1.5 is cumulative.

Thanks Garnier.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

Do you have a link to a demo-only 1.5 version?

The full download on NSD is 1.4, and you can install 1.5 patch on that with an activation code to get 1.5. Any previous version should also be patch-able to 1.5 with a code.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Do you have a link to a demo-only 1.5 version?

The full download on NSD is 1.4, and you can install 1.5 patch on that with an activation code to get 1.5. Any previous version should also be patch-able to 1.5 with a code.
I am downloading the review copy (listed for download once you register your copy) of the 1.5 version as I post this. I'll let you know how this goes. I was told that you can't register the demo so the only way to see what will happen is to do it.

No there doesn't appear to be a demo link of the game. Odd that they don't offer it.

I am going to do two separate installs. The first is to see if an older demo/full copy like version 1.00 can be patched to 1.5, and the other this review copy direct from Matrix, and see what is what. I would like to let that one gentleman know on the matrix forum who asked this particular question about the older demo being patched to 1.5 what can be done.

I know I sound like I'm chasing my tail, but it is obvious that the 1.4 version can easily be patched with very little effort, but it's the conflicting response in the Matrix forum that has me wanting to find out for sure.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grim.Reaper
Reactions:

Post by Grim.Reaper »

If you register your game at matrix (even though bought here), you will have access to download the full game with the 1.5 update included at matrix. After you register your game, there is an option something like "downloads for register games". Go there and you can download the matrix version of the game that includes 1.5. You can also download the expansions.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

If you register your game at matrix (even though bought here), you will have access to download the full game with the 1.5 update included at matrix. After you register your game, there is an option something like "downloads for register games". Go there and you can download the matrix version of the game that includes 1.5. You can also download the expansions.
Thanks Grim.Reaper. I found the link which for some reason or other I just didn't see (brain lock), or all I needed to do was put my reading glasses on.

I appreciate your help, Thank You.

What got me started on this is a gentleman asked a specific question concerning if he was able to patch his much earlier version, and since 1.5 is cumulative, patching should not be a problem of sorts which got thinking. So I am going to install 1.00, then the 1.5 patch, and see what happens.

Done... Visit this link to my other post: http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/40-dis ... -sow-to-15

Thanks again!
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I am now thinking that the update 1.5 patch is the full downloadable version which doesn't require a previous version to be installed first.

I could be wrong though, that does happen.
Grim.Reaper
Reactions:

Post by Grim.Reaper »

I am now thinking that the update 1.5 patch is the full downloadable version which doesn't require a previous version to be installed first.

I could be wrong though, that does happen.
The base game and patch files have different file sizes so thinking the patch is not the full release...just my assumption.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

If you buy the full GB game from Matrix you will get it at version 1.5. The revised patch is available from the download center (Patch Link to bring any previous version up to 1.5. The Demo version available from our site is still at 1.4 but will be upgraded to 1.5 in the near future.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863