Advancing

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
Rebel Yell
Reactions:

Advancing

Post by Rebel Yell »

Once you get your Brigade or Regiment in a line formation, how do you get them to advance a good distance without moving back into regimental columns?
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Advancing

Post by Little Powell »

They will always automatically switch to column formation when moving some distance. The only way they will stay in line is if the enemy is a certain distance away (can't remember the exact distance, it's a few hundred yards).
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

You could try the GCM mod. With the GCM mod once troops are in line formation they stay in line formation for any distance. So with a Pickett's charge all the regiments will advance in lines.

I have made my own mod and took a few things from the GCM and added a few changes of my own. The GCM line feature is one I use in my own mod.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I have made my own mod and took a few things from the GCM and added a few changes of my own. The GCM line feature is one I use in my own mod.
This would be a good mod to post for the masses without requiring GCM. If you need a place to host it, let me know.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Bugles and Flags toolbar - Hold line formations are accessible on the back half of every line formation

It's only been around for years :whistle:
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Bugles and Flags toolbar - Hold line formations are accessible on the back half of every line formation

Not everybody uses your toolbar Reb... Well almost everybody does.. :laugh:
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

Yes Bugles and Flags has that feature too. I have his toolbar and I use it all the time as do a lot of other players. Once you play the game awhile you will want to try it out. It has a couple features that work real well in MP.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

What was the name of that toolbar??
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Also, to play the stock GB scenarios (no mods allowed) utilizing hold line formations, they can assigned to the keyboard. Look them up in the latest Drills.csv file, available through the SDK, and place them in your Keyboard file.

Note: They are located at the bottom of of the Drills file (added later as per my feature request...
Applause :P , Thank You ;) )

Edit: Disclaimer, I assume this will work, haven't tried it. I use the keyboard to text, not fight. :woohoo:
Last edited by RebBugler on Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Rebel Yell
Reactions:

Post by Rebel Yell »

Is the GCM mod only for multi play or can it be used in single play?