how to stop cavalry running

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
phoenix
Reactions:

Re: how to stop cavalry running

Post by phoenix »

Why is it gamey, Reb? because you use the TC button? You wouldn't need to use it if you could give similar commands to those Buford, Devin and Gamble used - ie reliably getting their horsemen to get off the nags and hold at all costs. But it seems the game won't permit that (there isn't even a 'hold at all costs' button for cavalry)so you have to use the TC button. There's surely nothing else gamey about the straightforward tactic of protecting the objective?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Why is it gamey, Reb? because you use the TC button? You wouldn't need to use it if you could give similar commands to those Buford, Devin and Gamble used - ie reliably getting their horsemen to get off the nags and hold at all costs. But it seems the game won't permit that (there isn't even a 'hold at all costs' button for cavalry)so you have to use the TC button. There's surely nothing else gamey about the straightforward tactic of protecting the objective?
If you can set up your troops in such a way so you can run the game in fast forward for 90% of the time and achieve a Major Victory...I call that EASILY GAMIED. FYI, it has nothing to do with TC use. You won't be able to do this with my scenarios, or my name isn't RebBugler...heh heh heh
Last edited by RebBugler on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

If you can set up your troops in such a way so you can run the game in fast forward for 90% of the time and achieve a Major Victory...I call that EASILY GAMIED. FYI, it has nothing to do with TC use. You won't be able to do this with my scenarios, or my name isn't RebBugler...heh heh heh
Yes but I've smashed all your scenario's. Only time I use fast forward is usually during the last minute. This way I can move on quickly to your next scenario to smash. :)

The Mad One
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'