SowGB SDK Ver 1.6 Beta

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Re: SowGB SDK Ver 1.6 Beta

Post by Jack ONeill »

Yeah, I figured that as a possibility. Crap...

Later that same day - Got it! Had to turn my damn anti-virus off. First time for that.
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

Yeah, I figured that as a possibility. Crap...

Later that same day - Got it! Had to turn my damn anti-virus off. First time for that.
Most antivirus programs have Norb's name on its no-fly list. Norb obviously hacked his way through high school and college and somehow the word got out.
35th Georgia
Reactions:

Post by 35th Georgia »

I've tried loading after renaming it to the correct folder and it's a no go. I'm running the Matrix load and all is up to date. Says the folder does not exist.
"To walk into to almost certain death is insane,to do it with honor is heroic."
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Does it ask if you want to create the folder? If so hit yes to continue.
35th Georgia
Reactions:

Post by 35th Georgia »

Thank you
"To walk into to almost certain death is insane,to do it with honor is heroic."
1st Texas Sharpshooters
Reactions:

Post by 1st Texas Sharpshooters »

EDIT: Have been reading around on the forum and found that I have confused the ways modding is working. I was expecting some waredit program (as from TC2M). I dig in...

Hi,
After some time away from the front I reinstalled SOWGB (anniversary edition) and wanted to download the SDK.
When I run the install it want me to put the SDK in a Norb..-file, away from my Matrix-file where I got the game. No matter where I select the SDK to go, I cant find any SDK-program file to open the oob-files. I have all the other content in the SDK, like the oob-files. They are all still in windows works mode.
Im sure Im missing some very important point here - can anyone please direct me to how the SDK works, for dummies :)
Best regard...
Last edited by 1st Texas Sharpshooters on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

ok: what is "SowGB SDK Ver 1.6 Beta" (and why would I want it)? an upgrade? thanks...
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

ok: what is "SowGB SDK Ver 1.6 Beta" (and why would I want it)? an upgrade? thanks...
The SDK contains the files and manual with instructions on how to mod the game.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

EDIT: Have been reading around on the forum and found that I have confused the ways modding is working. I was expecting some waredit program (as from TC2M). I dig in...

Hi,
After some time away from the front I reinstalled SOWGB (anniversary edition) and wanted to download the SDK.
When I run the install it want me to put the SDK in a Norb..-file, away from my Matrix-file where I got the game. No matter where I select the SDK to go, I cant find any SDK-program file to open the oob-files. I have all the other content in the SDK, like the oob-files. They are all still in windows works mode.
Im sure Im missing some very important point here - can anyone please direct me to how the SDK works, for dummies :)
Best regard...
The OOB files are opened with excel. You can also open them in open office, or a text editor but they are pretty hard to edit in text.
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Is this downloaded in Mod File? Is Game Version 1.6 ok or should I update to 1.6.1? And is this latest and last scenario generator for Gettysburg, meaning, if I want to write scenarios, this is it?

Thanks all,
the reb