SowGB SDK Ver 1.6 Beta

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: SowGB SDK Ver 1.6 Beta

Post by Saddletank »

It's not downloaded as a mod, just stand-alone files. I store the SDK in Gettysburg's /Work folder.

There was never any scenario generator issued by NSD for Gettysburg. Leffe7's SG is what we have (and it's pretty good but is mainly designed for MP play), plus this SDK.

I have never written a scenario intended for SP, so I can't comment on how to use scripting in scenarios. Building scenarios for Gettysburg for use in MP is very simple. You can design, build and test one in an afternoon once you've found your way around what's needed.

You don't need to update to Gettysburg v1.6.1 to use Leffe7's SG or the SDK, but I'd suggest you update anyway since if you pay MP you'll need to have the latest version.
Last edited by Saddletank on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Thanks Saddletank, can you generate a Single Player scenario from Leffe7?
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Yep. His SG doesn't include scripting but it can do everything else and is very flexible.
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Thanks Saddletank,

What is scripting defined as....arrival times, arrival locations? Guess I should download and see for myself....
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Usually timings. You can have a force "switch on", for example, and become active at a certain point in a scenario with a script to represent reinforcements. Scripting only works in single player scenarios.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

SDK update, addition of Brandy Station scenarios and OOBs:
The attachment BrandyStationScenariosOOBs.zip is no longer available
Map ini and csv files:
The attachment Brandy.zip is no longer available
Attachments
Brandy.zip
(3.15 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
BrandyStationScenariosOOBs.zip
(181.27 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Last edited by RebBugler on Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
falcon
Reactions:

Post by falcon »

I was hoping to learn how to create mods using the SDK ver 1.06 Manual. Unfortunately the instructions "How to Mod a Scenario" don't seem to relate to the Scenario chosen. The .csv file referred to bears no resemblance to the description in the manual. Is there a different version of the manual or is this it? I appreciate this was written a good while ago but I'm new to SOW
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I was hoping to learn how to create mods using the SDK ver 1.06 Manual. Unfortunately the instructions "How to Mod a Scenario" don't seem to relate to the Scenario chosen. The .csv file referred to bears no resemblance to the description in the manual. Is there a different version of the manual or is this it? I appreciate this was written a good while ago but I'm new to SOW
The SDK is a valuable tool for definitions and reference. It's dated but is still considered the modding bible for SOW. I learned modding by studying the csv files and learning how they work by trial and error, and of course, asking questions. There's not much support staff around lately as they're working on SOW's next game, still, there's lots of knowledgeable SOW community members that fill in and are always willing to help out future modders as yourself.

Good Luck Sir
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
chee
Reactions:

Post by chee »

I remember it have a instruction file like pdf document in early 1.6version while I dont see any manual in the 1.6beta.
anyone find the problem? but the nanual is useful for modding
Legion
Reactions:

Post by Legion »

Does this allow for the creation of maps? Also, is there a tutorial for creating maps?
I've been looking but couldn't find anything.