PATCH Peninsular Mod v1.02

gunship24
Reactions:

PATCH Peninsular Mod v1.02

Post by gunship24 »

This patch is a small update to the Peninsular Mod, adding news uniforms and OOBs.

Notes:
Backup any changes you have made to the original files that you would like to keep and copy them over once the patch is installed
Cavalry in OOBs are now organised into squadrons, either single or pairs. The Albuera OOB is updated in the patch also with new uniforms.

Instructions:
Download the file below and extract the contents into you Peninsular Mod directory. Select 'YES' to merge folders and override all files.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?raocgcec4lcfcud (19.1 MB)

New units:
British Heavy Dragoons
British Battalion commander
British in Buff facing and leather
French Battalion commander
French Legere 1808-1810 uniform

New OOBs (Full and Medium versions):
Corunna
Talavera

Fixes:
Replay Toolbar fixed
Last edited by gunship24 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Re: PATCH Peninsular Mod v1.02

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

PROBLEM

The new patch downloaded and the various files duly transferred into the correct folders.

I then ran Army vs Army at Albuhera (new OOB) (no previous history of problems with these parameters).

Crashed after a few seconds, when I panned back to widen the battle field view to include more troop types.

Tried to get more specific. Ran Brigade v Brigade. Infanty. No problem. New officer sprite duly displayed.

Ran Brigade v Brigade (Cavalry). Crashed immediately. Nothing displayed.

I suspect the problem is connected to one of the cavalry sprites

Need to do a bit more examination of the Albuhera OOB to note down the actual cavalry regiments involved.

I will also try the install again later

Geoff Laver. Late of her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot.
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Bit more info.

ALBUHERA OOB's

Division Major General Stewart commanding :-

Brigade Lt Col Granby Calcroft
Brigade Lt Col Sherlock
Brigade Lt Col Michael Head

All heavy dragoons.

Brigade v Brigade. Using any of the above three brigades causes immediate crash out.

Division v Division Srewart's Division Displays OK as long as only INFANYRY appears on screen. The moment you pan or switch screens to include the HEAVY DRAGOONS in the view you get a crash.

I will try another install and also another download in case the graphics packed file for the Dragoons sprite came down corrupt.

Anyone else having similar problems ?

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Oh Dear.

The French are acting weird as well !!

Legere regiments are displaying on screen but not in the revised legere uniform. Looks like normal infantry uniform to me.

Ordinary French Infantry now causes a crash on attempting to display. Just like the Britiah Heavy Dragoons.

Looks like we have the assigned uniform reversed ???

'Peninsular' as modded has now become completely unplayable. I think I will delete the entire Peninsular mod as it is now and re-download the original.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot.

Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Right.

I have restored the Peninsular Mod and re-downloaded and re-installed the new patch. This time it all seems OK. God only knows what was wrong before.

I am still confused over the french infantry uniforms though. Are the line infantry and the Legere wearing the correct uniform after the patch.

gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Sorry to hear you had problems, i tested it by downloading the v1.01 then installing the patch directly over the top and all seemed fine. The new legere uniforms i used for Corunna and Talavera OOB only. Can you give me a screenshot of the units you think are wrong? could be a mis-assinged uniform in the OOB. hope you get it all working soon. B)
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Thanks Gunship,

As I said in my last post, It all worked OK with a fresh download, unzip and install.

I hadn't realised that the new French Legere uniforms were not enabled across all Peninsular OOB,s. I will have another look tonight to see if I can reproduce what I think I have seen. I have been known to be wrong before !! I always tend to look at Albuhera OOB (That's how we spelled it in the Regiment) because that's where my old Regiment the 57th shows up.

Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Oh Dear

I am wrong again.(as usual)

I had got it firmly, but quite incorrectly, into my head that the Legere had the more fancy uniform with the white breeches.

Geoff Laver