Register your game at Matrix to resolve most install and activation issues

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
pchandler43
Reactions:

Re: Register your game at Matrix to resolve most install and activation issues

Post by pchandler43 »

I HAVE registered my Scourge of War Anniversary Ed. but it says I cannot download the game anymore...if it's not going to always be available..it really should not be advertised as such...
Last edited by pchandler43 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Not all product downloads are available in the member section for some reason (sorry not sure why). Please contact Matrix support if you lost your download, they can provide it to you.
Ernie
Reactions:

Post by Ernie »

I have tried several times to register at Matrix, but I keep getting the error message: "Only letters and numbers are accepted on Usernames and Passwords (no special characters allowed)". I am only using letters and numbers...except of course for my email address which uses a @, and is a required fill in field. There does not appear to be a help area at Matrix for nonmembers. Any help here would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Ernie
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

You will have to work through the Matrix Games support system, we don't have any special access to their system.

Start here: http://www.matrixgames.com/support/

They are usually quite prompt is responding.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Ernie
Reactions:

Post by Ernie »

Thank you Jim for the reply. I will try to work out the problem with Matrix. - Ernie
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

For current customers, I highly recommend registering at the Matrix site so you can register your SOW products. This will give you access to a download version of your game that will always be available.

It will also get you the latest Matrix versions of your Scourge of War products, which is the only way the 1.6 patch or later will install properly.

It will also remove the old DRM/Activation method so you no longer have to activate your game over the internet.

You can register here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/members/

Here is a step by step guide:

1. First go to the members section http://www.matrixgames.com/members/
2. Login with your matrix username and password that you created.
3. This will bring you to the members club page where you can see a list of all matrix games.
4. Scroll down to the Scourge of War section
5. If you haven't registered your games, click the Register link to the right of the game
6. It will ask for the serial. Enter the serial to register it
7. Once it's registered, you will now see a Registered link next to it
8. Click that link to get a download link of the game.
This no longer seems to work. Clicking the game link in my registered games just takes me to the sales page to buy the game.

It seems Matrix used a company called Plimus and their links are now dead as well so you go through a company called BlueSnap now. Their website is very unhelpful. I had to send a general support request e-mail because there were no other re-download options I could see.

Companies within companies within companies. Its very customer un-friendly.

I remember the old direct download from Norbsoft days with fondness ;)
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Old Soldier
Reactions:

Post by Old Soldier »

I have a old version of SOWG from when it first came out and recently lost everything when Microsoft 10 tried to force itself on my computer. I bought a new computer and registered with Matrix. When I used my registration key I received the message that "key already used."

How can I resolve this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Old Soldier
scalexer
Reactions:

Post by scalexer »

My game keeps installing incorrectly. My game will work fine for a couple of minutes then it will crash and some files be made called "SoWA.ts1" SoWA.ts2" and "SoWA.ts3". Afterwards it won't even open.

Please help.