Register your game at Matrix to resolve most install and activation issues

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Register your game at Matrix to resolve most install and activation issues

Post by Little Powell »

For current customers, I highly recommend registering at the Matrix site so you can register your SOW products. This will give you access to a download version of your game that will always be available.

It will also get you the latest Matrix versions of your Scourge of War products, which is the only way the 1.6 patch or later will install properly.

It will also remove the old DRM/Activation method so you no longer have to activate your game over the internet.

You can register here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/members/

Here is a step by step guide:

1. First go to the members section http://www.matrixgames.com/members/
2. Login with your matrix username and password that you created.
3. This will bring you to the members club page where you can see a list of all matrix games.
4. Scroll down to the Scourge of War section
5. If you haven't registered your games, click the Register link to the right of the game
6. It will ask for the serial. Enter the serial to register it
7. Once it's registered, you will now see a Registered link next to it
8. Click that link to get a download link of the game.
Last edited by Little Powell on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Register your products at Matrix to resolve most install isues

Post by Little Powell »

Just bumping this topic because it seems 90% of people's install issues stem from having old versions of the game, and they don't realize they need the new Matrix version(s). Also stickied it in the Technical Support forum.
kaschykb
Reactions:

Re: Register your products at Matrix to resolve most install isues

Post by kaschykb »

Do I need to uninstall my current versions before I install the Matrix versions?
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Register your products at Matrix to resolve most install isuess

Post by Little Powell »

No, you can download the matrix versions and they will find where your game currently resides, and install the matrix versions there.
Florent
Reactions:

Post by Florent »

The Serial number :

The old one or the New one.
I have bought today Antietam but it doesn't work for the key number. I have tried to go to the link but to no avail.
Enter Code : New or Old. It seems complicated with not much information.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

The original serial number for GB can and should be registered at Matrix. The Antietam Battle Pack will have its own serial number which can be registered separately. Also it would be good to make sure that you have installed the version 1.5 patch for Gettysburg.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Florent
Reactions:

Post by Florent »

Yes i am under 1.5 and used the old Serial key when asked but the Antietam Key is invalid (when trying to install) thus i don't know what to do.
Also is the install done automatically in the rigt place or i will have to install it in a special folder ?
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

The original code is for GB only. When you bought Antietam, you received a new code that you must use to install Antietam.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Florent
Reactions:

Post by Florent »

And the new code is invalid, i have send a mail to Matrix. My version is the old one with the patch 1.5.
Florent
Reactions:

Post by Florent »

I did what Little Powell said, i did register as a member, got a new version in a Matrix Folder which i install with my original Licence Key Number and it worked but when trying to install Antietam, it still doesn't work.
Do you think i have to desinstall the first version ?
I don't know what to do next.