Register your game at Matrix to resolve most install and activation issues

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Re: Register your products at Matrix to resolve most install issues

Post by Braxton Bragg »

Thank you for your help everyone. All working well patch 1.6
There will always be a counter argument!
A.S. Johnston
Reactions:

Re: Register your products at Matrix to resolve most install issues

Post by A.S. Johnston »

I have been gone for a year or about that. I emailed support here and they immediately sent me the Activation Code for my SOW:Gettysburg (I also bought Pipe Creek, but I cleverly kept that code). So I came here to this thread, faithfully followed the instructions. When I typed in the code to register my game with Matrix, it said: "[Invalid Key]. So, what do I do now, please?

Oh, I almost forgot. My PC had to have a hard drive re-format and a new OS installed about four months ago, so anything that was on there - for instance, SOW:Gettysburg and any cookies associated with it - are gone. Help? :(

Second "Oh" - I downloaded the 1.50 version from Matrix and it asked for the Activation Key, which I duly entered and that failed as well. Anyone?

NEVER MIND. I copied down the Activation Key incorrectly and entered it incorrectly at the website and on the install copy of 1.50. My error. I apologize. :blush:
Last edited by A.S. Johnston on Fri May 10, 2013 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
35th Georgia
Reactions:

Re: Register your game at Matrix to resolve most install and activation issues

Post by 35th Georgia »

I keep having trouble with the PCL as Matrix says my code for pipe creek is invalid even though the code you sent me and the one I had on record is the same. I haven't loaded SOW from matrix because I don't want to lose Pipe Creek. I could not ask for better service from you folks it just seems that Matrix needs to get their act together. Matrix also states that older versions of Pipe creek will not work but I do not think that is the problem. Besides I thought the deal was that everything had to be availible.
"To walk into to almost certain death is insane,to do it with honor is heroic."
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Just make sure you are downloading the latest version the of Pipe Creek installer because newer codes will only work with the new version.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Matrix also states that older versions of Pipe creek will not work
Incorrect, I'm thinking you interpreted it wrong as versions should mean patch versions, not games. Regardless, keep squeaking, you bought the game, we'll make right by you. And, post this issue on the Matrix forum...http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1120
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
35th Georgia
Reactions:

Post by 35th Georgia »

Please note, you can only register Matrix Games titles that came with a serial number.
Older releases that did not come with a serial number can not be registered at this time

This is the sentence I was referring to. I could be understanding it wrong.
Last edited by 35th Georgia on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: correction to spelling
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Please note, you can only register Matrix Games titles that came with a serial number.
Older releases that did not come with a serial number can not be registered at this time

This is the sentence I was referring to. I could be understanding it wrong.
Good, saw your Matrix post, that should get things rolling. To be clear, every game sold by NSD or Matrix has a registration code, before Matrix they were called activation codes.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
35th Georgia
Reactions:

Post by 35th Georgia »

I am happy to say that the problem is now resolved. Thanks for the help and a special thanks to Red Bugler for encouraging me to squeak.
rbuck
Reactions:

Post by rbuck »

Thanks for making this easy for an OLD guy to figure out! B)
"If this cause, that is dear to my heart, is doomed to fail, I pray heaven may let me fall with it, while my face is toward the enemy and my arm battling for that which I know is right."
Major General Patrick R. Cleburne before his fatal wound at the battle of Franklin, Tennessee.
troden
Reactions:

Post by troden »

Just registered the game I purchased yesterday - SOW Anniversary Edition. Under my registered games it says there is no download available.

I registered to get the matrix version of the game since the version I have does not show buildings or fences, even though I have everything set correctly (including setting object detail to 'best').

Now what do I do???????