Register your game at Matrix to resolve most install and activation issues

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Register your game at Matrix to resolve most install and activation issues

Post by Little Powell »

Matrix must not have the download posted yet. But the version you have is the matrix version already. It's the only version available.

See my reply in the other thread about your issue.
McHugh
Reactions:

Post by McHugh »

Okay, I have registered SOW Gettysburg at the Matrix Games site using the license number that was given to me when I purchased the game. You referred to serial number which I assume means the license number? In the next couple of weeks, I plan on upgrading my PC by installing a new video card, new processor and switching from Windows XP to Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I just want to clarify what I need to do in regards to SOW Gettysburg. The procedure I intend to follow is to uninstall SOWG using Windows XP. After installing Windows 7 I am going to download the Matrix version and then install patch 1.6. Is this the right procedure? I have kept a copy of the download version of SOWG from Norb Software but if I understand correctly that version is now outdated. Thank you advance for any feedback.
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

That should do it. Let us know if you have any problems.

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Chortle
Reactions:

Post by Chortle »

I just downloaded the demo game. I bought SOWG last year but haven't used it for a while. Following this thread, I registered the game on Matrix Games.

Can I convert the demo game to the full game by entering my license, or do I need to download from Matrix Games?
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

You need to download the full Matrix version of the game. You can no longer unlock the demo.
2ndAcr
Reactions:

Post by 2ndAcr »

You will have to contact Matrix Support to get a new download link if you did digital only though.
leeds85
Reactions:

Re: Register your products at Matrix to resolve most install isuess

Post by leeds85 »

No, you can download the matrix versions and they will find where your game currently resides, and install the matrix versions there.
It didn't find any previous version for me.

Game originaly installed - C:\NorbSoftDev\Scourge of War - Gettysburg
Matrix install points to - C:\Matrix Games\Scourge of War - Gettysburg

Guess i just have to change the path?
Pansarskott
Reactions:

Post by Pansarskott »

I have a problem...I have registred all Scourge of War games at matrix..but when I go to the download section it says: "No Downloads Available" on two of them...the others are fine...

Anny thoughts?
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

IIRC it is under 'My Games'
Pansarskott
Reactions:

Post by Pansarskott »

Wrong of me..in: "My registred games" I have all my games visible and registred. but two of them says: No downloads awailible..the other Three is fine..its just Brandy station and Chancellorsville that is not possible to download..alltough they are registred...