New Flags with Chancellorsville add-on

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
Saddletank
Reactions:

New Flags with Chancellorsville add-on

Post by Saddletank »

I much prefer the old flag graphics - these new ones seem too bright and cartoony. Is there a way to use the old graphics?
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: New Flags with Chancellorsville add-on

Post by RebBugler »

I much prefer the old flag graphics - these new ones seem too bright and cartoony. Is there a way to use the old graphics?
Yeah, Jim on the team commented that they looked like they were recently purchased from Wal Mart. :S

Of course, you don't have to enable CV Extras, but that will eliminate 6 scenarios and some other stuff, plus, I aim to please. How about if I desaturate them and provide that option? Are all the flags bugging you, or is it just the bright Yank ones?
Last edited by RebBugler on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
pcelt
Reactions:

Post by pcelt »

Just bugging in to this discussion----for my part a desaturated option for the bright yank ones would be a much appreciated option.
Thanks for all the outstanding work
Leffe7
Reactions:

Post by Leffe7 »

There is also a glitch on the white flag when a unit surrenders: the staff appears in pink and yellow. Someone else noticing this?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

There is also a glitch on the white flag when a unit surrenders: the staff appears in pink and yellow. Someone else noticing this?
Ha, no glitch, a special effects if you will. :P So much for my artistic attempts. :whistle:
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Yeah, Jim on the team commented that they looked like they were recently purchased from Wal Mart. :S

Of course, you don't have to enable CV Extras, but that will eliminate 6 scenarios and some other stuff, plus, I aim to please. How about if I desaturate them and provide that option? Are all the flags bugging you, or is it just the bright Yank ones?
Disabling CV extras I expect will lose a player all th enice different CSA flags too...?

It was all the flags, Reb, on both sides. Its hard to put my finger on it but it isn't just a case of brightness I don't think. It seems to be a different art style. Perhaps the shadows on the original flags that moved with the fluttering graphic were deeper. I really struggle to express what is wrong with them, but anything you can do to make them have more of the feel of the flags we've seen in the original game and previous add-ons would be very much appreciated.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Disabling CV extras I expect will lose a player all th enice different CSA flags too...?

It was all the flags, Reb, on both sides. Its hard to put my finger on it but it isn't just a case of brightness I don't think. It seems to be a different art style. Perhaps the shadows on the original flags that moved with the fluttering graphic were deeper. I really struggle to express what is wrong with them, but anything you can do to make them have more of the feel of the flags we've seen in the original game and previous add-ons would be very much appreciated.
Sorry I missed this post. Regardless, changing the style of the flags would be a major overhaul. Sorry you disapprove, but I don't like the deep shadowing effect, for me, it looks too contrived. However, I always experiment with new looks, maybe one of these days I'll have a look that meets your approval. Thanks for your feedback, although negative, no feedback is bad, it just helps my learning process toward more universally appealing designs, and realistic recreations.
RDBoles
Reactions:

Post by RDBoles »

Great job Reb. Just last night As I was winding down a game, I noticed how great the flags were. You have done a great service for us all.
Move Forward
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Great job Reb. Just last night As I was winding down a game, I noticed how great the flags were. You have done a great service for us all.
Ha, my born in 48 bro, possibly we're on that same ancient wavelength, still, I'm your elder. :laugh:

Your support is always appreciated, Thank You Very Much Sir! :)