R.I.P. John Bonin

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Re: R.I.P. John Bonin

Post by JC Edwards »

TJ

ASNIKIYE OIHAKE WANIL MISU KICI WAKA TANKA. AKA CI ICIMANI IYAYA WANA.

The Mad One
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
Col. Manning
Reactions:

Post by Col. Manning »

Very sad news. He leaves behind his beautiful maps, for us all to enjoy. RIP to a fellow guitarist and an extraordinary designer.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

RIP John!

Over the years with TC2M and SOW, you have brought us incredible maps that left our jaws dropped down to our chin after seeing them and saying, WOW !

Thanks for adding your modding talents to the games, you will be missed !!

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Chonaman
Reactions:

Post by Chonaman »

This is really a shock. I was in touch with him on Oct. 21st via PM on TC2M boards and he was telling me how proud he was of the maps for the Chancellorsville release. He had found a real love working with the maps for SOW. He truly was a wonderful talent and extremely kind and appreciative of his fellow modders. I am deeply saddened by this loss of someone I considered a friend. :(
Last edited by Chonaman on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeke
Reactions:

R.I.P. John Bonin

Post by Zeke »

Gutted to hear this sad news about John - I emailed him a few weeks ago and didn't get a response I thought he was away - He was a true gent and helped me greatly on the TC2M forum and in researching the Civil War - His talent as a Map artist will leave a legacy here and on the other forums and in the books he contributed in - If his family see this message please accept my deepest condolences from accross the ocean on your loss.

adieu mon ami
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

R.I.P. John Bonin

Post by Jack ONeill »

OMG!

I just got back last night. I'm stunned. How terribly awful. Damn John, you were truly awesome. You will be missed. Your name will be remembered in the Halls.

Jack O'Neill
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

It is really sad to lose a comrade with no warning. We have a little better appreciation for how the line soldiers felt after a battle when one of their squad members that was there in the morning is gone forever.

Rest in peace John.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
4thMissInf.Co.F
Reactions:

Post by 4thMissInf.Co.F »

So very saddened and sorry to read this. I'm learning so much from so many here. May God Bless and comfort all of those left behind.

My best to all...
My Ancestors:

-James Neely Vance, Pvt, 4th Mississippi Infantry, Company F "Sons Of The South", Army of Mississippi, Army of Tennessee
-William Harrison "Hash" Mabry, Pvt, 31st Mississippi Infantry, Company H, and 8th Mississippi Cavalry, Company D, N.B. Forrests Cavalry

Forever UNRECONSTRUCTED!
Tacloban
Reactions:

Post by Tacloban »

Very sad to hear this. I have exchanged some emails with him over the years and I felt like some real personality shown through the typing.
garyknowz
Reactions:

Post by garyknowz »

Wow. Such a terrible tragedy. Made all the more poignant to learn he was just 34 - a few day shy his 35th. We always seem to lose many of our best and brightest, either by war, heroism, or tragedy, far too soon.

My most sincere prayers to the Bonin family.
Last edited by garyknowz on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)