Ageod join Matrix and Slitherine and plan ACW 2 for the next year

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
mitra76
Reactions:

Ageod join Matrix and Slitherine and plan ACW 2 for the next year

Post by mitra76 »

Last edited by mitra76 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
Garnier
Reactions:

Re: Ageod join Matrix and Slitherine and plan ACW 2 for the next year

Post by Garnier »

What they ought to do is have a way to export all the relevant data for a battle to some file, and a way to import results back.

Or just have savegames be in plaintext or a public binary format.

Then we can use their campaign engine with SOW battles.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Blaugrana
Reactions:

Post by Blaugrana »

What they ought to do is have a way to export all the relevant data for a battle to some file, and a way to import results back.

Or just have savegames be in plaintext or a public binary format.

Then we can use their campaign engine with SOW battles.
Suggest this to them, Garnier. They say they welcome ideas ...
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

They usually receive help from external team which receive after a part of profit for every box. For AJE they did the same:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.p ... post252544
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
General P R Cleburne
Reactions:

Post by General P R Cleburne »

Now here is something! :woohoo:
The possibility of a hybrid Ageod/Norbsoft ACW piece has always grabbed my attention.
Now folks are even proposing the idea!
Im liking this thread ALOT :cheer:
13thnct
Reactions:

Post by 13thnct »

I'm glad to see AGEOD is revisiting the civil war. Only my opinion, but I think they had by far the best strategic civil war game out there, though it was pretty buggy and the SP AI was pretty bad. And like I assume 99% of people who've played both TC2M & AACW seeing any sort of integration between the two games would be awesome!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I've always been a fan of the AGEOD games and I'm pleased to see them joining Matrix. Especially pleased to see them releasing another ACW.

Now lets not start any rumors about an AGEOD ACW/SOW integration. There are no plans for this. :)

However, as Norb as stated publicly on several occasions, a strategic level simulation is in our future. Nothing is 100% official of course, but it is certainly on the docket. :)
Last edited by Little Powell on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

The only thing that the merger means is high priced games. It's a niche market that is fine, but even after two or three years many of Matrix's games prices have not come down at all in price.

I don't think Ageod and SOW will be merged. That would be a lot of work for no pay. Ageod's Civil War and games like it should have some good editors with them with the key being able to edit post battle reports. There is nothing of the like available.

I am learning C++ and I plan to build a campaign engine that will handle movement and supply on a strategic level and then pin point battles on maps with carry over OOBs. Without having to build a combat engine it should be easier than making an entire game, but with my current level of C++ skill I am four years out.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

Now lets not start any rumors about an AGEOD ACW/SOW integration. There are no plans for this.
I suggested to AGEOD that they make an export-battle/import-results function, or have their savegames be a publicly available format. Then you could fight AGEOD battles in SOW. I doubt they'd pay any attention to me, but their savegame format could be figured out at some point anyway.

This isn't "integration", it's just a feasible mod idea that doesn't require NSD to do anything anyway.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Now lets not start any rumors about an AGEOD ACW/SOW integration. There are no plans for this.
I suggested to AGEOD that they make an export-battle/import-results function, or have their savegames be a publicly available format. Then you could fight AGEOD battles in SOW. I doubt they'd pay any attention to me, but their savegame format could be figured out at some point anyway.

This isn't "integration", it's just a feasible mod idea that doesn't require NSD to do anything anyway.
Understood. Yeah, you can never tell how a developer will take a request like that, but that would be very cool if they could put the saves in a friendly format. I'd love to see a mod like that. AGEOD is pretty good about listening to customer feedback though and making changes. They still release patches for ACW and the game is five years old.
Last edited by Little Powell on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.