1800 Battles Montebello - Marengo - Ampfing and Hohenlinden

Zeke
Reactions:

1800 Battles Montebello - Marengo - Ampfing and Hohenlinden

Post by Zeke »

Greetings - Congrats on a fantastic Mod so I though I would make an offering....

Introducing......

4 OOBs + full overview of the battles + written breakdown's of the OOBs (just in case there are a few table top gamers out there (I suspect there may be!)

I'll post a link for the download with instructions at the weekend.

regards

Zeke
Last edited by Zeke on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: 1800 Battles Montebello - Marengo - Ampfing and Hohenlinden

Post by Saddletank »

Wow! Have you made revolutionary era uniforms as well?
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

hey Saddletank - Sorry no new sprites just OOBs I've used the existing sprites and mixed the french infantry up a bit for a more rag tag look - Revolutionary outfits would be cool though B)

Wouldn't mind Russian sprites though..... itching to have a crack at Ulm or Austerlitz

Ulysses S. Grant
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Yeah, I thought of these cool early battles but never bothered doing OOBs/scenarios for them because we don't have the uniforms.

A set of Revolutionary era uniforms would be great - hpoefully if the MP version gets the green light from NSD then the Lordz will be interested again, plus oher parties and we'll see more skilled modders following Gunships lead and making new sprite sets.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

Lets hope so, Digby.

It might be worth scouring the maps that are currently availible and highlighting areas which approximate to Napoleonic battle sites.

I expect a scenario/refight could be done using an area of Garniers large random maps. There must be an area somewhere that equates approximately to a battle in central Europe.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Grog,

You are correct Sir. Having fought numerous battles on Garnier's new maps, there ARE several with areas apprximating the central European theater. I just have to integrate them into my Map Mod to get rid of the stone walls. They would make great scenario areas.

Jack B)

Note - just flung 8 squadrons of French Dragoons across an excellent field into the British lines. Awesome. Routed them. KGL held firm though. :)
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Ohh nice looking forward to the OOBs.

Russian sprites were done in the old format but i they still work along side the packed version, i think. Maybe somone can confirm that? If so then that should be enough to get going. I have to check the animations and framing though as some were very basic, and I need to desaturate them i think to fit in.
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

You actually got me thinking and actually some older French troops have already been done for the Napoleonic TC2M mod on the other site ....I had a play around earlier and.....

Now the bad news :S ...It crashes currently when they open fire and run possibly an incorrect entry somewhere.... :( - (still getting to grips with the new way of doing things with SOW) or it could be that the frame sizes are not compatable with the new game - if that the case then they can't be used unfortunately. I'll have a play around and see what I can do... but no promises

Zeke
Last edited by Zeke on Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ulysses S. Grant
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

You actually got me thinking and actually some older French troops have already been done for the Napoleonic TC2M mod on the other site ....I had a play around earlier and.....

Now the bad news :S ...It crashes currently when they open fire and run possibly an incorrect entry somewhere.... :( - (still getting to grips with the new way of doing things with SOW) or it could be that the frame sizes are not compatable with the new game - if that the case then they can't be used unfortunately. I'll have a play around and see what I can do... but no promises

***update*** fixed the run sprite it was a typo, working on shoot issue now

Zeke

Ulysses S. Grant
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

Zeke

Annoyingly, SoW changed the csv layouts so that certain animations are broken into more lines in the csv. For example I think the firing animation now includes a separate line to represent loading with angle and frame entries allocated accordingly. For TCM there was no separation. You just had a firing animation whose frame and angle entries covered everything.

In converting sprites made for TCM to SoW you probably need to break down certain csv entries for particular animations. Have a look at Davinci's converted reb uniform mod but I expect the Nap sprites have different layouts to stock TCM sprites