1800 Battles Montebello - Marengo - Ampfing and Hohenlinden

Zeke
Reactions:

Re: 1800 Battles Montebello - Marengo - Ampfing and Hohenlinden

Post by Zeke »

Brilliant work! They look great, especially the more mixed up uniform set. THis is good news, we're well on our way now, if NSD can open the relevant files up for MP, to see many, many more nations and unifoprms se the light of day from TC2M days.

Do you know if there were ever any Austrian infantry made in the kaskett hat, or that odd short, false-fronted hat whose name I now forget?

And yes, that American Revolutionary War sprite set does sound interesting since we already have the perfect maps for them!
Napoleonic Austrian Infantry was never released for TC2M unfortunately sorry but no early 1800 Austrian troops to port over - would have been nice!

Some more shots as promised.....

Last edited by Zeke on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Post Cancelled. Graphics display problems.
Last edited by Ingles of the 57th on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post Cancelled. Graphic Display Problems.
Last edited by Ingles of the 57th on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post cancelled. Graphic display problems.
Last edited by Ingles of the 57th on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post cancelled Graphics display problems.
Last edited by Ingles of the 57th on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post Cancelled Graphics display problems
Last edited by Ingles of the 57th on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Happy New year everyone while Im nursing a major hangover I thought I would post latest shot from testing here is another variation of the light troops with red chasseur-style trousers

Ulysses S. Grant
conjotter
Reactions:

Post by conjotter »

Hi Zeke.

Wow. Really looking forward to your mod. When do you expect to post the new version?

Regards, CJ
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Hi Zeke.

Wow. Really looking forward to your mod. When do you expect to post the new version?

Regards, CJ
Testing going okay - most of the issues sorted so should be able to post either this weekend or next

Ulysses S. Grant
Zeke
Reactions:

Montebello Marengo Ampfing and Hohenlinden Beta release with Early French Napoleonic/Revoltion troops

Post by Zeke »

Okay here we go: I have included the four OOBs: I suggest you play them in order (but really up to you guys)

1. Montebello
2. Marengo
3. Ampfing
4. Hohenlinden

They are about as accurate I as can get them, several sources used and checked against each other
I have also included some reference material included a full overview of the battles and background on some of the participants. Please read as lots of interesting info in there.

Now I was just going to release the above however it was suggested that revolutionary sprites would be a good idea- A while back Bedbug did Napoleonic sprites for TC2M unfortunately the mod was never carried through to the end but it does mean that we have some early French sprites to use. Therefore I have ported these over with a bit of trial and error these seem to be working okay (tinkering with the structure of some of the sprite actions). I have also re-skinned a couple of sprites so we now have:

1. Early French Line Infantry Troops -3 Variants
2. Re-skined Early French Light Infantry Troops 2 Variants
3. Garde Consulaire Pied Grenadiers 2 Variants
4. Garde Consulaire Pied Chasseurs

Sorry but no early Austrian Troops as these were never done for TC2M I’m afraid

I have also included a breakdown for the OOBs which will be useful for any table top campaigners or just for in game reference. There are no maps for these but I have been playing on Davinci’s 10 mile map and the recently release random map packs – If someone would like to make any maps for these battle fantastic – I would love to see it happen and I would be more than happy to help with research or any testing. ***Update*** Sprites are Hi-Res only so you need to set uniforms at 'Best' in settings (thanks Jack for pointing this out in you post - Zeke)

The link is on media fire be patient as it has a lot of files to download.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ty7cp317hksew80

Install Instructions:

1/ Ensure you have the following mods downloaded and activated:

I. Road to Wagram Mod
II. Peninsular Mod
III. Road to Wagram Gattensberg Scenario Mod

2/ Open the downloaded “1800 mod ” folder and drop the folder entitled “1800 Battles Montebello Marengo Ampfing Hohenlinden ” into the Mod folder of your copy of SOW.

3/ Start the game select Modifications from the start screen and activate the 1800 Battles mod.

4/ Go to main menu and select Sandbox you will find the 4 new OOB available.

5/ Enjoy - It’s what we do it for!

This is beta release so any problems let me know and I’ll amend before publishing the final version

Regards

Zeke .

Special thanks to: ”the Road to Wagram” Modding team for a wonderful spin on the game and to Norb and the team at SOW and all other contributors over the years who have inspired and assisted myself. :)
Last edited by Zeke on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ulysses S. Grant