MP Combat

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Bloody Bill
Reactions:

MP Combat

Post by Bloody Bill »

Hey gents, I have been playing more and more mp battles as of late. I am noticing a trend that seems to be offputting at the moment. It seems all you really need to do is mass in an area and walk over an opponent as your troops will walk through a melee and fire at the enemy with devastating effect.

I have been looking into and testing different situations with a buddy and seems that this massing of lines on eachother is very unstopable. All tests were aginst infantry and dealing musket fire. Is there a reason for close range musket fire to not stop walking infantry?

I really enjoy sp it just seems at the moment that mp is way to easily exploited with unrealistic results and tactics.
Garnier
Reactions:

Re: MP Combat

Post by Garnier »

Are you using the GCM mod?

With the stock gameplay settings MP is totally exploitable -- which is why most MPers use the GCM mod.

(I don't think making the gameplay settings perfect for MP is something NSD can or should attempt to do. It's taken us over a thousand battles to get things where they are now, which is pretty good, but something new will always come up that needs to change in the mod. Making things as mod-able as possible is the right approach.)
Last edited by Garnier on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign