Armies of Italy OOB

He111
Reactions:

Re: Armies of Italy OOB

Post by He111 »

Hey Jack,

im really enyoing this OOB so far, im wondering if you could do me favor (again ;D ) and doing a Peninsular Specific OOB for me, I would like to see a rather Large British force (without Spanish or Portogues Troops) against a pitched French Force, both Army should have very Low Cavalry and Medium Sized Cannons. Thanks in advance ! Keep up your nice work :)

Cheers
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Silly question...But when you try running the OOB and (I presume)it crashes - Are you are checking the SOW log file that's created? As this may highlight where the error is located.
Zeke - How is everything going!

I'm not sure, but depending on the error in the OOB, the game will usually crash before displaying anything in the SOWGB.txt file.

The SOWGB.txt file will show some errors, but the OOB will have to load without crashing the game.

Jack - Why not post the OOB in question, this way you will have several people looking for the error ?

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

FOUND IT!!!

Bloody comma missing from a line in the middle of everything! Now I can get on with the damn French, etc.

Also, the SOWGB log doesn't show this type of error.

DaV - I was about to do that when I found it about an hour ago. :laugh:

BIG QUESTION though - ALL, any ideas on what sprites to use for French Guard Cavalry??? We don't have Guard Heavy Cav nor the Dutch Red Lancers. Guard Dragoons no problem and I'll work something out for the Chasseurs a Cheaval de l' Guard. Thoughts on substitutes?

Jack B)

Also, the Brits will look a little weird because by 1815, the line troops had changed over, (more or less), to the grey trousers. Oh well.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Hey Jack.

Sacre Bleu. What a way to describe the gallant foe !!

Did you manage to sort out the Royal Scots Greys ? I remember it was an issue a few months ago.

Awaiting your OOB with bated breath. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi Jack

If Gunship doesn;t mind I can render whatever files you need for Waterloo. However they would be in the older format as I haven;t as yet worked through the packaged files

Remus
Last edited by remus on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Silly question...But when you try running the OOB and (I presume)it crashes - Are you are checking the SOW log file that's created? As this may highlight where the error is located.
Zeke - How is everything going!

I'm not sure, but depending on the error in the OOB, the game will usually crash before displaying anything in the SOWGB.txt file.

The SOWGB.txt file will show some errors, but the OOB will have to load without crashing the game.

Jack - Why not post the OOB in question, this way you will have several people looking for the error ?

davinci
Hi Davinci I'm very well thankyou!! :)

Glad you have found the issue Jack - Davinci is right if it crahes straight away the log file won't show the issue.

wow....Waterloo looking forward to this
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Geoff,

Gallant foe my butt... I command the French on a regular basis anyway, :laugh: Also, British Dragoons will have to stand in for the Greys for right now. My rendering capabilites are ZERO.

Remus - not sure about that. Check with Gunship, he commands this Mod here. :)

Currently working on the French Guards Divisions. We'll see. Real life is rearing it's ugly head again. My have to go "contract" with the DoD again for God, King and Country. (sarcasm). (Grrrr... Hate these Yankees).

Jack B)
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Molon Labe"
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

For Waterloo I have lots of sprites done in the old format. They include:
Brunswick Leib, Brunswick Line, Nassau line, Orange-Nassau line, Dutch Militia, Belgian Line, Prussian line, Prussian grenadier, Prussian Dragoon, Prussian Landwehr. Some of the shooting animation are abit flakey becuase they are old, I could redo those and package then up. Btw in the Gattensberg mod hidden away are also units for Westphalia and Wurttemberg. I probably wont get round to doing anymore specific unit types like Red Lancers, I do have Austrian Uhlans coming though.
conjotter
Reactions:

Post by conjotter »

Hi folks.

Thanks to Jack, Zeke and Gunship24 for the Napoleonic mods. They are outstanding. Love the different uniforms and OOBs.

Two questions:

1) Do any of these mods factor in different march rates used by the different force? I read somewhere that the Austrians, especially in the earlier years, marched at a slower pace than the French formations and deployed more slowly into line, etc.

2) How are skirmishers factored into combat (if they are)?

Looking forward to Waterloo.

Regards, CJ.
Last edited by conjotter on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: left out gunship
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Con,

Thanks you. Better thank Gunship24, too. He's the mastermind behind these great mods. :)

As far as I know, all movement rates are hard-coded. I remember going on about this a LONG time ago in regards to Division Commanders marching slower than the troops they led and holding them up. Yes, Austrain and Prussian troops were trained at a slower manuvering pace than French Revolutionary and Imperial Armies. They gave that up later in the wars.

Skirmishers need to be done manually by the player. The AI will not deploy them as a rule, although I have a screenshot of a french light battalion deployed, (badly), as skirmishers. I was stunned. As far as combat goes, there really is no difference between line and skirmish formations. They will both take the same casualties. Also, the "Factory" skirmish formation is horribly unweildy. My modded version works better, as it take up less room and still look like they are doing the job. I have reset the musket range values for skirmish units so they can sit just out of range of the line troops and pop away at them, thereby being the annoying little buggers they were suposed to be. Lastly, they look really cool on the battlefield. :)

Waterloo is grinding along slowly. Too slowly for my taste. It's all about time.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"