Armies of Italy OOB

Zeke
Reactions:

Re: Armies of Italy OOB

Post by Zeke »

Very nice Jack.....A great OOB and I'm enjoying playing it!! Im working on a few OOBs at the moment based on Napoleon's first campaign in Italy 1796/1797 - Battle's of Montenotte, Lodi, Dego and Rivoli

As for Waterloo what can I say no respectful Englishman who is interested in this period should not have researched this battle!!! - So If it helps I did this for TC2M based on Digby Smith's research....The CSV excel version has Accurate unit strength numbers and can be found here:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?wy4f21vfgnaxuyz
Last edited by Zeke on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Hey Zeke,

Thanks for the kind words. I have tons of info on the Waterloo OOB, including Scotty Bowdens mighty tome and George Naftzigers OOBs. Problem now is a loading glitch in the British side. I haven't changed out the french yet, so it's going to take awhile. It is making me nuts that I can't run this damn thing down. But I will.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Hey Zeke,

Thanks for the kind words. I have tons of info on the Waterloo OOB, including Scotty Bowdens mighty tome and George Naftzigers OOBs. Problem now is a loading glitch in the British side. I haven't changed out the french yet, so it's going to take awhile. It is making me nuts that I can't run this damn thing down. But I will.

Jack B)
Ah The joys of OOB's creation :blink: :pinch:

Ulysses S. Grant
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Z,

...and the thing is, I KNOW I'm looking right at it, too. Some damn comma missing or a name not right. I'll get it.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Tacloban
Reactions:

Post by Tacloban »

Warpack was so great for finding commas or numbering mistakes in TC2M. Garnier's EditOOB.exe must do the same for SOW (haven't tried).
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Tac,

So true. G's EditOOB.exe doesn't want to work on my comp for some reason. (Sigh).

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

Jack,
You might try the most recent version of Open Office: OO website . The Calc program now writes the csv files in the correct format for the game engine. For me, editing csv files in a spreadsheet program is much better that a text editor. Your mileage may vary.

-Jim
Last edited by Jim on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Jim,

Thanks. Will check it out. Hate working in Excel. Use Notepad since I can actually "see" everything, (Hat tip to DaV for that). Onward!

Jack B)
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Molon Labe"
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Z,

...and the thing is, I KNOW I'm looking right at it, too. Some damn comma missing or a name not right. I'll get it.

Jack B)
Silly question...But when you try running the OOB and (I presume)it crashes - Are you are checking the SOW log file that's created? As this may highlight where the error is located.
Last edited by Zeke on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ulysses S. Grant
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

I use openoffice Calc for my OOBs, latest version works fine.