New Team for Next Release

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
norb
Reactions:

New Team for Next Release

Post by norb »

Lots of changes to the team recently. We are working on the patch for SOWGB and SOWCV, and a new demo. Lots of great gameplay fixes in this patch, but road fixes for the map pack maps. Then we are dedicating our resources to moving forward. We've been trying to start work on the next major release for over a year, but we keep getting pulled back into patches, etc. Now we have a small team actively working on the next release, while the rest finish up the patches and demo.

We have a couple more guys to talk to, but I'll post a list of the next members soon. Lots of guys from the community stepping up to help. Getting their input in the game. Couple of goodbyes, as this stuff is a TON of work. Couple of position changes, as people move around. Still no woman on the team, besides my wife that sends out the checks. But no women devs. None have offered, so don't think you're excluded, but you've got to be good, just like the men.

My pet project is that I'd like the gui to look nicer. It's too complicated for new people. It's been suggested that we have multiple guis so that you can decide of you want something like RebBugler's mod, or something more simple. But overall I'd like to work on the entire look of the gaming interface. I did really like TC2Ms, thought they did a great job on that interface. So if you are a gui artist with some ideas, don't hesitate to contact us. Our guys also have ideas, so we just want to look at them all and maybe get a little inspiration from each. But our next main gui is going to be a lot more functional and user friendly.
IronBMike
Reactions:

Re: New Team for Next Release

Post by IronBMike »

Lots of changes to the team recently. We are working on the patch for SOWGB and SOWCV, and a new demo. Lots of great gameplay fixes in this patch, but road fixes for the map pack maps. Then we are dedicating our resources to moving forward. We've been trying to start work on the next major release for over a year, but we keep getting pulled back into patches, etc. Now we have a small team actively working on the next release, while the rest finish up the patches and demo.

We have a couple more guys to talk to, but I'll post a list of the next members soon. Lots of guys from the community stepping up to help. Getting their input in the game. Couple of goodbyes, as this stuff is a TON of work. Couple of position changes, as people move around. Still no woman on the team, besides my wife that sends out the checks. But no women devs. None have offered, so don't think you're excluded, but you've got to be good, just like the men.

My pet project is that I'd like the gui to look nicer. It's too complicated for new people. It's been suggested that we have multiple guis so that you can decide of you want something like RebBugler's mod, or something more simple. But overall I'd like to work on the entire look of the gaming interface. I did really like TC2Ms, thought they did a great job on that interface. So if you are a gui artist with some ideas, don't hesitate to contact us. Our guys also have ideas, so we just want to look at them all and maybe get a little inspiration from each. But our next main gui is going to be a lot more functional and user friendly.
Great to hear Norb!

One thing that I'd like to say is, if you are going to add an operational campaign element, please look at "Campaigns on the Danube: 1805 & 1809" by Frank Hunter (http://www.amazon.com/Campaigns-on-the- ... the+danube) for how operational gameplay should be done! I don't know if you would do it in real time or turn based, but the simplicity and effectiveness of the system in that game is the best. I'll even lend the team a copy if it means his implementation of roads, supplies, supply bases, stragglers, etc is accounted for.

Can't wait for another legendary game!
CWGII -> SMG -> SMA -> WNLB -> ANGV -> TC -> TC2M -> SOW
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

I also have that game Campaigns on the Danube. As long as the miniatures feature works then as soon as Napoleon mods are allowed a campaign could be immediately started using this game and SOW. It is a perfect model for a similar Civil War campaign system.

Many of us hope for not just carry over abilities, but a campaign system.
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

I also have that game Campaigns on the Danube. As long as the miniatures feature works then as soon as Napoleon mods are allowed a campaign could be immediately started using this game and SOW. It is a perfect model for a similar Civil War campaign system.

Many of us hope for not just carry over abilities, but a campaign system.
Agreed! I've never met anyone else that plays it. Let me know if you're ever up for a PBEM game.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

This is very Good News guys. There are plenty of good people here for you to cheery pick from.

Cheers.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Lazarus!

Where you been Mike?
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

Lazarus!

Where you been Mike?
Just busy. I need to remember to hop on the sowmp site to check game times, I'm not really used to playing with scheduled times. I need to get on more.
jebstuart
Reactions:

Post by jebstuart »

moderator edit - deleted
Last edited by con20or on Sun May 24, 2015 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"How do you like this are coming back into the union"
confederate solider to Pennsylvanian citizen days before Gettysburg 

"Angels went to receive his body from his grave but he was not there, they left very disappointed but upon return to heaven, found he had outflanked them and was already there". Northern newspaper about the death of Stonewall Jackson

"No way Sherman will go to hell, he would outflank the devil and get past havens guard"
southern solider about northern general sherman
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Moderator edit - wrong section, multiple posts - see 'other games section'.