Need help! PLEASE POST!

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
Robert E Lee
Reactions:

Need help! PLEASE POST!

Post by Robert E Lee »

I need some advise on what I should do in this situation.

I am playing the Corp tutorial and am losing. I sent Wright's Division south through Gettysburg, to the west moving up the Chambersburg Pike. I ordered him to deploy in the field north of the Pike having his unit face north east. I had Howe's Division deploy to the north of Gettysburg along with my artillery brigade. I had Newton's Division deploy to the north east of Gettysburg and had his unit face north west. I then ordered Wright's Division forward to take up a position along the Mummasburg Road behind a long stone wall. Howe and Newton are holding up well. Wright is slowly starting to fall back. I am thinking that it would be smart to deploy the 1st Rhode Island Artillery Battery G behind Wright's Division?

With all due respect,
Robert E Lee.
Last edited by Robert E Lee on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Re: Need help! PLEASE POST!

Post by Jack ONeill »

Brother,

Your infantry deployment is sound. I suggest deploying most of the batteries in a strong gun line behind the center of the Corps. Remember to TC the battery Commanders so they don't swan off to Gettysburg for a latte and a scone. Take personal command of at least 2 batteries and use them as a mobile reserve, TCing them also. I suggest batteries of 12 pdrs for that close-in cannister effect. Park them behind Wright's Division and crush the attack with firepower while Wright salvages his command and regroups. You will lose guns and crews, but you will save your infantry for later.

If anyone has an issue with this tactic, I suggest you read up on Senarmonts' "artillery charge" at Friedland, 1807. It worked there, too.

Give it e whorl, General.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"