Report position

Squid_UK
Reactions:

Report position

Post by Squid_UK »

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before, i did try searching but nothing came up.

Lets say I am playing HITS with couriers. Is there any way I can get me other generals to report the positions of their Divisions/Brigades so I can keep track of them?

Thanks in advance
con20or
Reactions:

Re: Report position

Post by con20or »

Unfortunately no - it's my number one wish too. I'm definitely going to ask for more Ai courier feedback in later releases.
Squid_UK
Reactions:

Post by Squid_UK »

Ok, no worries, thanks for the prompt reply. It would also be great if the generals would inform you of enemy spotted/numbers etc.

In any case, loving the game :)
Keat
Reactions:

Post by Keat »

With the Couriers and Maps mod(and correct me if im wrong)the ai will send you a message when they have spotted an enemy and when they have engaged him. They don't tell you where they are though but atleast thats something.
Edit: As con20or said below me it's part of stock game and not the mod, sorry about that
Last edited by Keat on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

The 'enemy sighted' and 'have engaged the enemy' are part of the stock game, not a MOD - but they are a help to let you know when battle is joined.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

I always fancied the thought that a toggle would be added that if you wanted to know where the other commanders were, all you would do is hold down a predefined key such as ALT (any other for that matter), and the names of the commanders would appear off in the horizon above each commander. Some may think that this is too gamey but since different levels of difficulty can take care of that, or you can turn the option off or on in the options screen.

:)
Squid_UK
Reactions:

Post by Squid_UK »

Id settle for a command to ask the general to report position and sightings. Although I can appreciate having the AI do this is easier than saying it.