Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Waterloo OOB

Post by Jack ONeill »

The attachment OOB_SB_NAP_Waterloo_SR8.csv is no longer available
The attachment OOB_SB_NAP_QuatreBras_SR8.csv is no longer available
*UPDATED AS OF 06/08/2013*

All,

The Waterloo OOB is has been officially updated to include Gunships Dutch-Belgians and Brunswickers. There are still gaps in the sprites, but in the main, the new ones help out alot. I have re-done the Quatre-Bras OOB also. I did not change any of the French. The differences in uniforms were not that striking as to make it worthwhile. These OOBs will run with or without the new .gfx.csv file I posted
with the 1806-07 OOB the other day.

Contains -

Napoleons Armee du Nord - 76,468 Foot, Horse and Guns.
Wellingtons Anglo-Allied Army in Belgium - 69,205 Foot, Horse and Guns.

The Armies portrayed are the troops actually on the field at Waterloo, 18 June, 1815. The Allied Detachments at Hal on Wellingtons left are not included. Grouchys troops at Wavre are not included.

Sprites we don't have and what I did -
The French were pretty straight forward. I think the only issue I had was the French Lancers. The Polish Lancers of the Vistula are standing in for them as well as the Guard Lancers.

Allies -

Brunswickers. Changed to the new sprites as much as there were sprites for. Used Polish Lancers for the Uhlans and British Hussars for Brunswick Light Horse.

Dutch-Belgians. Changed to the new sprites. Still some gaps, but better now. Ended up using British Heavy Dragoons for the Carabiniers and a variety of Light Horse troopers from all over to fill in the Dutch-Belgian Light Horse. French for the gunners.

British/KGL/Hanoverians. Hanoverian Landwehr get to wear British uniforms. Why not? The KGL was from Hanover, so...
We have no Scots Greys - Had to use regular British Heavy Dragoons for them.

Everyone on the Anglo-Allied side has a British Flag. We don't have any other National colors. Keeps it simple. British Regimental Colors are random if I didn't already have them with the units from a different OOB when they were drawn over.

IMPORTANT!!! You have to run both the Road to Wagram Mod AND the Peninsular Mod for this to work. There are troop types from both in this OOB. I have combined them into one and made it work but you don't have to. I believe the Waterloo OOB should be put in the Road to Wagram OOB folder to work right. Part of the problem I had doing this was keeping track of where the troop types were coming from. That was the big reason I spent the time combining the two Mods.

There is NO ROCKET TROOP in Whinyates' RHA Troop, ONLY because we don't have the sprites.

Yes, Wellington AND the Earl of Uxbridge have been cloned. Wellington had personal command of the Reserve Corps, (not Tom Picton), so his name is in the command slot for the Corps. There were really no Cavalry Divisions set up and Uxbridge maintained personal control over each Brigade. This IS probably why the Allied Cavalry did so poorly at variuos time during the battle. I set them up as Divisions for better Command and Control.

For both sides there are some combined Horse Squadrons. I did this to alleviate having a bunch of tiny sqaudrons running around the field. Travers Cuirassiers Brigade as an example.

I think that's it. If I've forgotten anything, I'll post it or you guys will tell me. If wwe get new/different sprites, I'll update the OOB. It is fairly easy...now.

The OOB plays well all the way down to Brigade/Battery level. I believe I've crossed-checked everyone so you can play as whoever you want. The OOB plays really well in Sprite Ratio 8 and Sprite Ratio 4.

I look forward to your feedback...En Avant!

Jack B)

P.S. - If you are playing as Napoleon, remember, you only have 5 hours before the Prussians arrive. Move.
Attachments

[The extension csv has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension csv has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by Jack ONeill on Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
conjotter
Reactions:

Re: Waterloo OOB

Post by conjotter »

Hi Jack.

Question:

Are we to simply cut and paste this file into the mods directory, or into one of the specific folders?

Thanks.
Last edited by conjotter on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: extra copy
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Nice one Jack :woohoo: I will have a go with this over the weekend - just putting the finishing touch to Salamanca 1812 and currently working on Vitoria 1813
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
conjotter
Reactions:

Post by conjotter »

Hey Jack.

Please disregard my question. I figured it out and it works fine.

Thanks for this!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

All,

More stuff I forgot -

French Imperial Guard Cavalry - (and others) -
Used French Cuirassiers for the Grenadiers a Cheval de la Garde. No sprites for that...yet.
Used Standard French Dragoons for the Empress Dragoons de la Garde.
Used French Hussars for the Chasseurs de la Garde. The Garde Light Cav uniform was very similar to the general Hussar uniform. Sorry, we don't have any sprites wearing Colpaks.

Again, used french Cuirassiers for the 2 regiments of Carabiniers. Again, no sprites for them.

Didn't notice this until this mornings battle - there are still some French Ligne Battalions that have "skirmish" muskets - aka they can fire farther that the basic ones. Thought I'd caught them all but apparently not. It shouldn't make that much difference since the fighting is at such close range anyway.

Finally, has anyone else noticed just how much Cemetery Ridge resembles the ridge at Mont-St. Jean? I'm just sayin... Perhaps a scenario or two there? Hmmm...

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Spectacular, Jack, no other word for it.

The french infantry marched straight into Uxbridge's massed cavalry on the march-in (Using Trevilian Station map, with its limited roads). I have never seen a bigger pile of dead horses in my life, this side of a British supermarket.

The size of this OOB really does push the limits of the sandbox format though. Only really works as currently programmed on the larger maps using the 'hunt them down' mode. Anything else produces ridiculous overlaps. The "line of sight" mode lined up the entire two armies in parallel, nose to nose, and any chance of controlling the battle thereafter became a pipedream.

This does not have to be though. The individual Divisions in 'defend' and 'attack' are placed initially with a lot of unnecessary space between them. If the total formation 'footprint' could be compressed and the starting positions of the two armies moved farther apart on parallel facings then even the smallest maps, like the first four Gettysburg maps, could accommodate Army v Army without overlap..

I proved this, using the Pickett map, by amending the .ini file to suspend temporarily the AI and allow Alpha Omega and then resolving an horrendous overlap by placing each Division manually as suggested above. Adequate room to do this ..... and the battle then proceeded smoothly.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot.
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Jack,

Just a couple of small typo corrections verging on the nitpicking.

Both Landwehr Regiments

Hameln not Hamlen
Hildesheim not Hildeshiem

These jumped out at me as I served in both those worthy towns in 1959

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

Thanks Jack

Not had chance to check it out yet but I look forward to trying the whole OOB on one of Garnier's big maps, which I think will represent that campaign area very well.

I'm interested to test out FPS with large Nap mod armies.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Geoff,

No kidding. Typos, really? :laugh: Yes, at a cetain point, I can't see anymore and my typing falls off massively. However, Hamlen was how it was spelled in 2-3 reference books I used for the numbers cross-reference. Blame them, not me. :laugh:

Grog,

The FPS slows down some, but not much, with the big OOB running when everyone is engaged. Yes, you need the BIG maps to use this.

Borodino? Probably not. We don't have a map, (or the computers), to run 100,000 plus men on each side.....yet.

Jack B)
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Molon Labe"
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Hi Jack,

Just for the record, I lifted these cells from the TC2M/Horse and Musket Waterloo OOB.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
The attachment hameln.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
hameln.jpg
hameln.jpg (12 KiB) Viewed 668 times