Quatre Bras OOB

Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Quatre Bras OOB

Post by Jack ONeill »

The attachment OOB_SB_NAP_QuatreBras_SR8.csv is no longer available
The attachment 2_DD_RT_2013-02-23.csv is no longer available
All,

For those of you who might want to fight a smaller battle, I offer the Quatre Bras OOB. The French are out-numbered, (by a lot), but can make up for it by the use of their superior numbers of Cavalry. I also include a modded Devils Den map .csv file. It contains only a few objectives centered around the Peach Orchard, or as might be seen, the CrossRoads, (Quatre Bras). I put it in a Mod Folder called Quatre Bras Mod. It also has the fences and walls removed so run your "Map Objects" on "Medium" to get a more European feel to the area. You need more than one objective to get units you don't command to move and do something.
Obviously the OOB goes where the Waterloo one went. It is the closest thiing I can do to actually producing a scenario. LOL!

Enjoy!

Jack B)
Attachments

[The extension csv has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension csv has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Re: Quatre Bras OOB

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Good Lord Above !! Is there no stopping the man.

Are you perhaps knocking off Borodino next weekend for an encore, Jack ?

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Tacloban
Reactions:

Post by Tacloban »

I'm glad to have this. I for one prefer the smaller (actually, less gigantic) OOBs.

Just fired it all up and it works, looks, and plays great. Picton is already in trouble in the early going, damn his eyes. Thanks!
Last edited by Tacloban on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Tac,

Yes, I go back and forth on battle size constantly. I've noticed that Ney tends to send in the Cavalry first to secure the main objective then commits his Foot and Guns later. The beauty of this Battle is it was one of the few real meeting engagements that escalated as each Commander fed in troops on both sides. The differences in troop strength can be nullified by good tactical generalship on the ground. Ney really should have won this early on, but his fear, and Reilles' for that matter, of running into a "Spanish" battle kept them from fully committing right away and allowing the ALlies to reinforce the Dutch-Belgians at the Crossroads. Bloody French Lancers were there all by themselves for about an hour before Saxe-Weimers Dutch-Belgian infantry showed up. By that time the Lancers had wandered off for coffee and a scone.

Jack B)

Note - I love Picton. In real life he was a loon AND a solid combat commander. A shame to be killed in the last battle of the wars.
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"