Concept of New Features

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Chortle
Reactions:

Re: Concept of New Features

Post by Chortle »

I love SOW. Glad to hear about more developments.

I'd like the option to have multiple windows. Pop ups for maps, command maps, OBs would be good if they could be placed outside the main screen. Many of us have multiple monitors, or big monitors, where this would be useful.

Better AI for brigade and higher commanders. Get them to keep to their command boundaries and try not overlap. You could create a planning overlay of the map, for the AI, which plots the brigade/division/etc area roughly in space (as a mask at low resolution). For all commands not already in contact, you could update the plan every so many minutes and make sure these areas don't overlap for proposed routes. Commands will have to learn to wait their turn to get onto road(s) and pass through narrow regions.

I like Michael Slaunwhite's idea of allowing observer(s) into the game. Let them fly around freely. They can record the game at their own game. It would be interesting to have a "reporter", or several, for some of the big Multiplayer games - especially if they are Kriegspieled. If this can already be modded then great.

Keep up the good work Norb :)
jebstuart
Reactions:

Re: Concept of New Features

Post by jebstuart »

Moderator post - last warning - stop spamming the forum.

Your post is unrelated to this thread - post in the 'other games' forum if you would like to talk about it.
Last edited by con20or on Sun May 17, 2015 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"How do you like this are coming back into the union"
confederate solider to Pennsylvanian citizen days before Gettysburg 

"Angels went to receive his body from his grave but he was not there, they left very disappointed but upon return to heaven, found he had outflanked them and was already there". Northern newspaper about the death of Stonewall Jackson

"No way Sherman will go to hell, he would outflank the devil and get past havens guard"
southern solider about northern general sherman