Scourge of War 1.6 Beta Patch

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
norb
Reactions:

Scourge of War 1.6 Beta Patch

Post by norb »

Not up yet, it's uploading as I type this. Our ftp is so slow to upload.

When it's done it will be here:

YOU MUST HAVE 1.5 INSTALLED!!!!! ALL MAP PACKS & GAMES MUST BE THE LATEST VERSIONS FROM MATRIX IN ORDER TO UPDATE

Please note that unless your map packs show up in the additional battles screen in game version 1.5, you do not have the latest ones installed. You must download and install the latest map packs from Matrix for them to work with version 1.5.

If you have a fatal error, it is most likely an old version of Antietam on your system. You have two options to make the install work.

1. Get the updated version from Matrix
- or -
2. Uninstall Antietam

Gettysburg:
http://www.norbsoftware.com/Downloads/B ... 16Beta.exe

Chancellorsville Stand Alone:
http://www.norbsoftware.com/Downloads/B ... 16Beta.exe
Last edited by norb on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Garnier
Reactions:

Re: Scourge of War 1.6 Patch

Post by Garnier »

It's done uploading, it's 64.4MB

Change list:

Version 1.6

New Features

* It is now possible to modify unitglobal.csv, unitmodel.csv, munitions.csv and unitpack.csv files for Multiplayer games.
* The unit currently selected in-game will now be selected when the "Compose Courier Message" window is opened.
* New grass, dirt, woods, rocks, and water textures for all Gettysburg and Antietam maps have been added.
* There is now no limit on the number of human courier messages in Single Player and Multiplayer games.
* The realism of the "line of sight" calculation for units has been improved. Friendly units are now more likely to obstruct each other, and "shooting over" problems are reduced.

Bug fixes

* Cavalry now less likely to withdraw when under fire.
* Units retreating in close quarters will now halt and reform when a large enough gap between units is available.
* A bug that prevented courier orders from being obeyed until the "Time" setting was altered has been fixed.
* A bug that prevented courier orders from being executed until a previous "Move to This Map Point" destination was reached has been fixed. A separate command for waypoints has been added.
* A bug that prevented courier facing orders from being executed correctly has been fixed. A new command, "Face your unit in this direction upon arrival," has been added. The facing direction command must be given after the move order and before the formation is specified; e.g., "General A, move to x farm, face to the SW, form your brigade in a line."
* Units will no longer spawn in rivers at the beginning of Sandbox battles.
* Supply wagons will be less likely to move too close to the enemy during combat.
* Antietam and Chancellorsville roads have been corrected.
* The missing basement on the St. George Church has been added.
* Buildings in the Salem Church map have been corrected.
* A conflict in MultiPlayer when different "Aicount"s were specified by host and clients has been fixed.
* Units will now be less likely to unrealistically re-form under fire.
* Fixed a scoring bug linked to officer respawning.
* Fixed AN07 carryover to AN14 scenario issue.
Last edited by Garnier on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

About 65 MB

B
Last edited by born2see on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

64.4 MB.
Last edited by Garnier on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

What is the list of changes.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

It won't let me install on 1.5001. It says files are "invalid version", if I delete that file, it picks the next one and says it's an "invalid version".

I'm trying to find a download link for a full 1.5 install to start over, haven't yet.

Edit: by removing most of the game files I was able to get it to install the new SOWGB.exe which is the important part.
Last edited by Garnier on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

Change list:

Version 1.6

New Features

* It is now possible to modify unitglobal.csv, unitmodel.csv, munitions.csv and unitpack.csv files for Multiplayer games.
* The unit currently selected in-game will now be selected when the "Compose Courier Message" window is opened.
* New grass, dirt, woods, rocks, and water textures for all Gettysburg and Antietam maps have been added.
* There is now no limit on the number of human courier messages in Single Player and Multiplayer games.
* The realism of the "line of sight" calculation for units has been improved. Friendly units are now more likely to obstruct each other, and "shooting over" problems are reduced.

Bug fixes

* Cavalry now less likely to withdraw when under fire.
* Units retreating in close quarters will now halt and reform when a large enough gap between units is available.
* A bug that prevented courier orders from being obeyed until the "Time" setting was altered has been fixed.
* A bug that prevented courier orders from being executed until a previous "Move to This Map Point" destination was reached has been fixed. A separate command for waypoints has been added.
* A bug that prevented courier facing orders from being executed correctly has been fixed. A new command, "Face your unit in this direction upon arrival," has been added. The facing direction command must be given after the move order and before the formation is specified; e.g., "General A, move to x farm, face to the SW, form your brigade in a line."
* Units will no longer spawn in rivers at the beginning of Sandbox battles.
* Supply wagons will be less likely to move too close to the enemy during combat.
* Antietam and Chancellorsville roads have been corrected.
* The missing basement on the St. George Church has been added.
* Buildings in the Salem Church map have been corrected.
* A conflict in MultiPlayer when different "Aicount"s were specified by host and clients has been fixed.
* Units will now be less likely to unrealistically re-form under fire.
* Fixed a scoring bug linked to officer respawning.
* Fixed AN07 carryover to AN14 scenario issue.
Last edited by Garnier on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Hmm, I also had to remove certain files to get this to Install!

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

I think you must apply the installers for the various modules you can find in the from matrix games membership page, after you register the game\modules.
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

It won't let me install on 1.5001. It says files are "invalid version", if I delete that file, it picks the next one and says it's an "invalid version".

I'm trying to find a download link for a full 1.5 install to start over, haven't yet.

Edit: by removing most of the game files I was able to get it to install the new SOWGB.exe which is the important part.
Thanks Garnier, the patch was only written to the one Matrix version, not the small update. So we'll have to change that in the patch.

This is the first time we've ever used the patch installer, so we're getting used to it.
Last edited by norb on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.