Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: Beta - New Version for SP and MP

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

BSOD?

Big steamy odourless dump?

Thanks for sharing.
Blue Screen of Death.

Okay here is the new file I made with name changes to the sound files, and the logistics changes. Tell you the truth, I'm not all that great at modifying the logistic files, but I have done my best. I also hope that this .csv edit is compatible. I tried it on my system to see if I would have any problems or not, but it worked out fine.

Just make sure you put that baby at the top of the list so it overrides all other mods.

Example pic
The attachment Capture_2013-03-10.PNG is no longer available

Download Link: http://www.justallinone.com/index.php/c ... Itemid=493

I sure hope this helps otherwise I am lost to find an answer.
Attachments
Capture_2013-03-10.PNG
Capture_2013-03-10.PNG (208.54 KiB) Viewed 169 times
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Okay I just checked the logistics file to see if it would work, and it's okay. I added a small beep wave file in, and when scourge of war started it gave me the beep which tells me that the logistics file loaded properly.

I will usually do that just to make sure that the sfx.csv loaded okay before I release it.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

No workee.

I can hear the flags fluttering, but no musketry.

I did follow your install instructions and put it at the top of the mods.

Thanks for your persistance.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

No workee.

I can hear the flags fluttering, but no musketry.

I did follow your install instructions and put it at the top of the mods.

Thanks for your persistance.
No problem. I don't know what in the name is going on with it. You should be hearing musket fire. If all other sounds are present then musket fire should be there was well.

Hmmmm... Processing....Nope dead end. Sorry Rudy, I really wanted to see this work for you. If I think of anything else, I'll give a holler.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Rudy,

I have been playing around today trying to replicate your problem. I have no idea what could possibly be happening. I have gone through the Mod front to back. There is nothing in there that would change the sounds in your game setup. I'm stumped.

Gun,

Please check the posts. Figured out all OOB problems and the new squares are excellent, (see Battle report).

Whoever is blabbing on about taking out the "Column Charge" possiblity from the Nap Mod - Shut up. There are countless instances of columns being used in the assault during the Napoleonic Wars. As I have posted at least twice, I qoute from the French Army Drill Manual of 1792, (or there abouts) -"French Battalions will advance in either column of Companies or Columns of Division, (a 2 Company front), DEPLOYING INTO LINE FOR FIRING UPON REACHING THE ENEMY. The Battalions will be preceeded by the Light Companies of each Battalion, acting as skirmishers and indicating to the Battalion Officers where the Enemy lines are, to give them time to deploy". By the end of the Napoleonic Wars, everyone except the British, were using the "French" method of attack, BECAUSE IT WORKED. The British countered the French by using thier own skirmishers to hold back the French ones and keep the Battalion Columns in the dark until it was too late to deploy and then shot the crap out of them at close range. This is where the term "Spanish Battle" comes from, the French Commanders seeing British troops behind every hillside and not really knowing where they were.

Jack B)

Sorry Mitra - just went back and realized you weren't saying what I thought you said.

Gun - Not Italians, eh? Who cares? We can use them for bloody Saxons also. MacDonalds' assault on the Austrain lines at Wagram, maybe? Sweet.
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Mister Jack Wrote:
Whoever is blabbing on about taking out the "Column Charge" possiblity from the Nap Mod - Shut up.
I had to reply to this, I found this so funny, I nearly laughed my rear end off. :lol:
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

Yes I think it works well, I did a copy of mod and changed the values, I saw it marched until the target and switch in the line only when the situation force it to defend himself (if you don't take command)
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

"Rudy,

I have been playing around today trying to replicate your problem. I have no idea what could possibly be happening. I have gone through the Mod front to back. There is nothing in there that would change the sounds in your game setup. I'm stumped."

Dear Stumpy:

I went back to the pre-nuptual folders for the Wagram and Peninsular mods, and there is a Sounds folder in the Road to Wagram Peninsular folder.

In the Sounds folder are two sound files:

battle_muskets
NAPmod_Charge

I copied the Sounds folder into the new Road to Wagram & Peninsular folder, and I now have musketry sounds in-game.

Vive La France!

Long Live the King!

Vive Le Quebec Libre!

Attaque!
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

If someone wants try the modifications for force the attack column I attach the two files changed (backup the originals); the must be placed in the directory logistics of mod.
Attachments
Logistics.zip
(23.24 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Last edited by mitra76 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/