New Version for SP and MP

rudy
Reactions:

Re: Beta - New Version for SP and MP

Post by rudy »

Thanks for the effort, but no change.

It's not that there is a low volume sound for the musketry.

There are the other games sounds, like marching, cannons firing, etc.

But no musketry sound.

As in Zero. Nada. Totally Absent.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Thanks for the effort, but no change.

It's not that there is a low volume sound for the musketry.

There are the other games sounds, like marching, cannons firing, etc.

But no musketry sound.

As in Zero. Nada. Totally Absent.
I have no idea why that would be happening at all.

The only thing I can think of is try disabling all addons, and mods, and work your up from scratch. Then activate (addons one at a time if you have any installed), and so on until the problem occurs.

Now if you only have SOWgb, and no official addons then deactivate all mods, and start from there, I really don't know what else to tell you.

have you tried just listening to the sound files in the directory to see if they are corrupt in any way?
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

.....And on an entirely different note...Jack O'Neill is an idiot. My OOBs will work perfectly fine with the new Beta Mod. I had made a custom change to the rifles.csv much, much earlier in the Mod history and completely forgot about it. Reseting it fixed what I thought was the problem.

Jack B)
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

All,

Gentlemen, I've just fought a excellent battle, which shows just how far we have come in putting together a solid representation of Napoleonic Combat.

Gunships Abensburg OOB. I took command of Vandammes Wurrtembergers. Hunt them Down. Big Gettysburg Map. Major Obj was Cemetery Hill, more or less. Arrived there just as the Austrians debouched from "Gattensburg" and were moving up the road past my left flank. Deployed my first Brigade in line and commenced firing. (Note: Vandammes lads have no artillery - Bad JuJu there.) The Austrian Foot was Supported by 8 squadrons of Uhlans. Really cool to see them in action. Had several Battalions form square, preparing to receive Cavalry. Here's where it gets cool. The Uhlans charged the squares. Each time the Uhlans were driven off with minor losses to the infantry. HOWEVER, in classic Napoleonic fashion, the threat of Cavalry kept my Foot in square, whereupon the Austrain Foot closed, opened fire and decimated the squares. On the other end of the line, my Fusilier Battalion was caught out of square by more Uhlans, cut-up badly and routed with fierce casualties. The squares under infantry fire finally broke, pursued by the Uhlans. Gudins French Division arrived right about this time and allowed me to withdraw my broken infantry, covered, (finally), by the Wurrtemberg Light Horse.

So, the lessons are -
Foot in square can stand up to charging Horsemen.
Foot out of square can't/won't.
Foot in square will have the crap shot out of them by opposing Infantry.
Squares need supporting Cavalry to avoid staying in square.
Everybody needs artillery.

Gunship, a magnificient job with all this. (AND I'll use the Wurttemberg Light Infantry in Green to replace the Nassau units in the Waterloo OOB, currently wearing French blue. Oh, and the Militia, too.)

Jack B)

...And, of course, I forgot to take any screenshots. Was a bit busy trying to unscrew a bad situation. LOL!

"Molon Labe"
kg_sspoom
Reactions:

Post by kg_sspoom »

Im crashing Immediately upon choosing oob ....
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Sspoom,

What does the log file say?

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

As I said in my first post, I am getting the cannon sounds, as loud as I want, and all the other sounds, but no musketry sounds.

I unclicked the NAP mods and went into a quick sandbox for the regular game, and there are musketry sounds.

It's something about this mod, not my volume settings
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Hi All,

Thank you for all the feedback. I hope the mod is working well for both SP and MP. Its one of the things about making a large mod is that you kinda need other people to test it properly so i hope its working and any bugs please post them B) .

answers to a few questions:
Gun,
Question - are there any changes that would keep all the OOB's Zeke and I have written from working?

Oh Yeah -Forgot - Freakin' Italians! Sweet! Thanks. Can't wait to incorporate them into my Armies of Italy OOB.
Ok im not sure about this. Certainly it was not my intension to break the mods and if i have then I will need to update my mod to correct that.

Unfortunelty still no Italians, what you see there are Westphalians from the Gattensberg scenarions (Westphalia was on of Napoleon's German Allies after 'liberating' them earlier on in the war).
Gun - Question - did you incorporate the new square cambat modifiers we developed to make the less easy for cavalry to break? Haven't had time to fight and form square yet.

Gun - Uhlans!!! I f-ing hate you. They're excellent, EXCEPT, no toolbar for them. I am running just the new Beta Mod and .CSV packages you posted, so must be something in there. Also, Great Freiwilliger JagerKorps. Can't wait to include them in my OOBs.
I did add the new combat modifiers for square and column of divisions, i teaked them abit to balance them but they probabaly need fine tuning still. There is scope to change them for line and skirmish formation but without a 'casulty rate' mofifier it didnt make sense to change them.

Interesting about the uhlan toolbar, ill have to check that.
All,
OOB information - My OOBs will NOT work with the New Beta Mod. There is a super-minor change in the rifles.csv which makes them different from the originals...
Sorry to hear that, what is the change? i can probably update the mod to get your OOBs working again.
I've played a sandbox SP for about 45 minutes.
I'm not getting any musketry sound. Cannons yes, but no muskets.
That odd you should have musket sounds. Have you got any other versions running on the mod list? There were new muskets sounds added to the Peninsular mod ony which i didnt transfer over to this version but you should still have the stock musket sounds.
Gunship I took a look this morning the SDK manual; I'm thinking if it is not possible to associate in the GUI.csv file the command Aattackmarch as second function to button command "form in column division" for the brigades commander. If it works this will force the column the brigade commander to march to a point without stopping for form the lines. The probabilities to force a column attacks will be increased, especially if you take command of brigade commander. What do you think about this?

I saw also in the drills.csv the value canfight of divisional column is set to 0, shouldn't it be at 1 for use the column as fighting formation?
Hi mitra, yes that would be possible. See if you can get it working and then let me know how it goes, ill try to have a look at it in the mean time.

The "canfight" variable allows the formation to fire muskets if set to a 1. If it is 0 then it will automatically form to its fighting formation which is normally line. In MP this may be better set to a 1 to get them to stay in attack column. something to change maybe.
kg_sspoom
Reactions:

Post by kg_sspoom »

Game Launched
19:27:55 Version:SOWGB
19:27:57 Loading Defined Lists
19:27:57 Initializing
19:27:57 Mod: C:\MATRIX GAMES\SCOURGE OF WAR - GETTYSBURG\Mods\Road to Wagram & Peninsular
19:27:57 Ansi:16, TexH:8192, TexW:8192
19:27:57 SowGB Loaded
19:27:57 19:27:57
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

WHY?

WHY ME?

WHY?