New Version for SP and MP

Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: Beta - New Version for SP and MP

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

I've played a sandbox SP for about 45 minutes.

I'm not getting any musketry sound. Cannons yes, but no muskets.
Hey Rudy.

First, go into your SOWgb, and set your game to windows mode, meaning unselect or untick the full screen. Exit out.

Start Sowgb one more time, then while you are in the game, go to where your speaker icon is (bottom right), select mixer, and max out the volume control or slider to 100 percent.

SORRY for the red scribble, but I wanted to get this posted quickly. :woohoo:
The attachment Capture_2013-03-09-2.PNG is no longer available

Hopefully that will do it.
Attachments
Capture_2013-03-09-2.PNG
Capture_2013-03-09-2.PNG (32 KiB) Viewed 140 times
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

Hey fellas

Thanks for testing the mod MP and apologies that I was unable to join you last night.

Its a great start and a Big Thanks to Gun, Jack and the NSD :)

Kriegsspiel will hopefully be doing a Nap HITS game tomorrow night.

http://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t663- ... king-in-mp
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

Gunship I took a look this morning the SDK manual; I'm thinking if it is not possible to associate in the GUI.csv file the command Aattackmarch as second function to button command "form in column division" for the brigades commander. If it works this will force the column the brigade commander to march to a point without stopping for form the lines. The probabilities to force a column attacks will be increased, especially if you take command of brigade commander. What do you think about this?

I saw also in the drills.csv the value canfight of divisional column is set to 0, shouldn't it be at 1 for use the column as fighting formation?
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

I saw also in the drills.csv the value canfight of divisional column is set to 0, shouldn't it be at 1 for use the column as fighting formation?
This was always a lively topic of debate in my miniature group. Were the columns used solely for maneuver. When the troops got close to the enemy did they stop and deploy into line, or did the columns push into the enemy lines?
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

Both the cases, but usually the stop and deploy was a not foreseen event, because it was a natural reaction of troops to reply to enemy fire also the enemy was few paces distant. There was a passage about this on the Duhesme book on light infantry. He defines it like a sort of magic, when the more rational thing to do was to force the charge from the column. If you want fight in line usually you deploy in line much more in advance and not near the enemy line, so all the switch from a close column to a line near the defender line just before a attack usually are not commanded actions.
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

The absence of musketry sounds is not a overall volume issue.

As I said in my first post, I am getting the cannon sounds, as loud as I want, and all the other sounds, but no musketry sounds.

I unclicked the NAP mods and went into a quick sandbox for the regular game, and there are musketry sounds.

It's something about this mod, not my volume settings.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

The absence of musketry sounds is not a overall volume issue.

As I said in my first post, I am getting the cannon sounds, as loud as I want, and all the other sounds, but no musketry sounds.

I unclicked the NAP mods and went into a quick sandbox for the regular game, and there are musketry sounds.

It's something about this mod, not my volume settings.
You can grab Little Powell's Musket fire mod if that will help you any.

Link: http://www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php?op ... 4&id=20700

Hope this helps, if not I'll do up a small volume mod for those who are experiencing this problem.

:)
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

I've been using that gunfire mod. And thought that might be the problem.

But I unclicked it and started the NAP again in sandbox, and still the no musketry issue.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I've been using that gunfire mod. And thought that might be the problem.

But I unclicked it and started the NAP again in sandbox, and still the no musketry issue.
Okay I'll see what I can do with making that volume mod. I'll be back in a little bit.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I haven't done this in a very long while. Let me if this thing works or not.

http://www.justallinone.com/index.php/c ... Itemid=493