New Version for SP and MP

gunship24
Reactions:

Re: Beta - New Version for SP and MP

Post by gunship24 »

Answer to a question about Sprite ratios; all the OOBs are designed for sprite ratio 4 (default) even though the average size of a batallion is about 700-800. I have split up any battalion 900 or obove into 2 seperate parts.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Gun,

Re: Sprite ratios - yeah, figured that. have already modded the one unit, (Benjowski or Splenyi, I think), back into 3 Battalions. New OOBs work well at either SR4 or SR8. :)

Jack B)
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

I just had a game, and in 5 minutes or so I was given the Major Victory screen saying we won but the battle just began.

Sandbox, Line of Site, Division vs Division.

I don't know what else to tell you.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Okay I just had another one, and the same thing... Here are two pics to show ending, and setup along with SOWgb.log

The attachment 1_2013-03-10.PNG is no longer available
The attachment 2_2013-03-10.png is no longer available
The attachment SowGB.log is no longer available
Attachments

[The extension log has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

2_2013-03-10.png
2_2013-03-10.png (939.07 KiB) Viewed 755 times
1_2013-03-10.PNG
1_2013-03-10.PNG (871.58 KiB) Viewed 755 times
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Ive been getting the game ending bug for some time, not just this version. I dont know why. I dont edit anything to do with how sandbox works so i dont know where to start finding ifs it my mod or not. Does it do it with stock game OOBs too with the mod enabled/disbled?
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Forget my previous post, I figured it out. I had to change some of the options. After looking at the screenshot above I noticed how much I can be a bonehead so this is not a flaw of any kind except for the flaw in me brain pan.

Bloody Hell.
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

Was it the objctive time limit and game length by any chance? ;)
Last edited by Grog on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Was it the objctive time limit and game length by any chance? ;)
I changed the Objective Point Value to 20,000, and Time Limit of the game from 0 which should be indefinite but I changed it too 240 just to be sure.

The default values when starting the conversion for the first time was really off the mark, and I have no idea why.

It was just a simple change of the options that fixed it.

Cheers.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

Hi Jack

It is true that the reglement of 1791 told the troops must deploy in line, but many of movements described here were never used on the battlefield because too difficult or not practical on the battlefield. The depolyment in line face to the enemy was one of these, the risk to create chaos was too high, the same for the risk to being blocked in a prolonged firefight if the enemy not wave under the first volley.

The case of english is different they move in column also but it was very rare for them fight in columns, usually the switch in line "before" enter in the fire zone (it depends also when you can see the enemy), there is also case when they attack remaining in line during all the assault march (Salamanca).
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

M,

Exactly right. The early French Commanders figured out very quickly the the conscripts and volunteers were so untrained that deploying into line for fire combat was not realistic. Two things came out of this - the "Clouds of Skirmishers" leading the columns into the attack and the formation L'Order Mixte, essentially an amalgamation of the remaining Royal infantry Battalions with 2 each volunteer battalions to form a regiment, (or, as they called them, demi-brigades). In the attack,the skirmishers would fall back thru the intervals between Battalions, the still-trained Professional troops could deploy into line for fire combat and the Volunteers were in columns on each flank for the actual assault. Worked pretty well too, until the volunteers got some training and could be counted on to do other manuvers on the battlefield.

The British Commanders realized they could get the most out of their English/KGL battalions by staying in line, formed in two ranks and just blasting the advancing foe with concentrated volleys, then a bayonet charge to drive them off. Worked damn well, too.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"