Screenshots of Wagram 1.6 Edition

Agathosdaimon
Reactions:

Re: Screenshots of Wagram 1.6 Edition

Post by Agathosdaimon »

that first picture of the Cuirasiers destroying an Austrian battalion is possibly the best screenshot i have ever seen from a Napoleonic war game

the two austrian riders look like they are trying to make a get away (are their officers for the infantry or light cavalry in teh midst of things,

and those infantry are poised to defend themselves against the cuirassier mass - its the kind of picture worth doing a painting of, - could i do a digital painting based on it?
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Of course! Please be my guest. Thanks for your comments too.

The two Austrian horsemen are the infantry brigade brigadier-general and his ADC. Due to the foreshortened perspective of the zoomed-in shot they're probably a good deal closer to the camera than the melee behind them.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

I agree. There's great drama in this scene. It would make a nice painting.

Saddletank, our 'veritable man on the scene' often treats us to a few such images following one of our Kriegsspiel MP games. Its a really nice touch.

How about an exhibition? Tank?
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

Hey guys, great pics...and looks/sounds like you had a great game! what MOD were you playing on the Br-Station map? and what exactly is the "MTGs new brigade deployment drills file"? (and where would I find it?)...someone also mentioned that once installed the AI would use it as well, but a human player would have to 'select' it? (is it on a Toolbar?)...thanks again for the pics, and any info you can pass along...
Last edited by JohnVW on Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Hi John

These posts are pretty old - check the dates. This was an earlier version of the KS Napoleon Mod so the current v1.710 has all this in it, and more.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

I found the 1.6 version, but no luck (even in the Released Mod Threads section) finding v1.710? and what is the 'drills file'? (the drills_2013-03-08 ??)...and is that something I need to add/over-write into a MOD?
Last edited by JohnVW on Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

The files you need can be found on the Kriegspiel Forum. Here is the link: KS Napoleon Mod Set-up
You will need to register on that forum to access the links, I believe.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Agathosdaimon
Reactions:

Post by Agathosdaimon »

cool, well i am going to see what i can do - i have done a bit of napoleonic themed art and am always keen to do more - my work is found at mitchellnolte.deviantart.com
Agathosdaimon
Reactions:

Post by Agathosdaimon »

i Started a quick sketch today - trying to upload it here - not sure if this will work -is there an upload file size limt
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

You probably need to host your image somewhere and provide a link to it. That's what I do.