TC2M & the Frustrating Flags

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Re:TC2M & the Frustrating Flags

Post by Kerflumoxed »

Chamberlain wrote:
Hey Tim,

Very good looking Sprite !!!

Reminds me of the Sprites you created for CWBR & TC2M !!!

Awesome !!!!!

Chamberlain
Yes, indeed! Very impressive...as are the TC2M charactorizations. Are you doing the ones on GB?

Great work!

Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
tim
Reactions:

Post by tim »

Yes - Derek (aka bedbug) and I created the Gettysburg sprites. We tried to make the sprites look more realistic - more dusty, dirty and washed out look. Hopefully we achieved that - it was a massive labour of love.
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

tim wrote:
Yes - Derek (aka bedbug) and I created the Gettysburg sprites. We tried to make the sprites look more realistic - more dusty, dirty and washed out look. Hopefully we achieved that - it was a massive labour of love.
Outstanding! Just this morning I was wondering about the clean appearance of the TC2M fellows!

Now, about the smell...of dirt, sweat,burnt gun-powder and blood!

Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

Oh, by the way, I have noticed in TC2M that the color bearer is never shot...and since they were often the "center of attention" and frequently rendered hors de combat, is this a possible consideration?

Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
Armchair General
Reactions:

Post by Armchair General »

Kerflumoxed wrote:
Oh, by the way, I have noticed in TC2M that the color bearer is never shot...

Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
That's because there is no flag bearer. It's just floating in the air.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

Armchair General wrote:
Kerflumoxed wrote:
Oh, by the way, I have noticed in TC2M that the color bearer is never shot...

Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
That's because there is no flag bearer. It's just floating in the air.
Ah, I hadn't really noticed that. Will be more conscious of that next time I play TC2M.

Thanks

Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Joshua l.Chamberlain »

Maybe norb's mirecal workers can have a random flag bearer dieing animation with the flag falling then a new soldier picks it up.
"There stands Jackson like a stone wall! Let us be determined to die here and we will conquer!"
-Brig.Gen. Bernard Bee, Henry House
tim
Reactions:

Post by tim »

The flag bearer is one of those compromises. We couldn't afford the memory hit to have an actual flag bearer. Jack is right to a certain extent in that one sprite is set in the data files as the flag bearer and he never dies. He is however a normal infantryman sprite although I replaced him with an officer mod in TC2M.
Last edited by tim on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

tim wrote:
The flag bearer is one of those compromises. We couldn't afford the memeory hit to have an actual flag bearer. Jack is right to a certain extent in that one sprite is set in the data files as the flag bearer and he never dies. He is however a normal infantryman sprite although I replaced him with an officer mod in TC2M.
This is certainly understandable and I appreciate the explanation. Compromises abound in life!

Thanks

Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]