Controlling a Corps

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
MikeCK
Reactions:

Controlling a Corps

Post by MikeCK »

When you guys are in charge of a Corps, do you issue orders to your division commanders or do you "take command" of your individual brigade commanders and issue orders directly to them? I find the former more realistic and easier to manage but I don't get the results I want or the troops where I want. Issuing to the brigades gets me troops where I want them but because I play HITS, I end up either running around everywhere or losing track of who I ordered where via courier.

Perhaps a mix of the two or alternating?
RDBoles
Reactions:

Re: Controlling a Corps

Post by RDBoles »

Good question, In my experience playing this game,a corps is way too much to TC each brigade. I have done the same thing with same results. In real life combat you give out orders and let the sub commanders do their jobs. We want to micro manage everything these days but it doesn't work that way on the battlefield. This game simulates the uncertainty of following orders. The way I do it is keep a brigade or two with you and plug holes as they arise. You can manage 5 or 6 regiments to send off in any direction that you need to. I hope this helps.
Move Forward
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Re: Controlling a Corps

Post by KG_Soldier »

When we play HG (Hits/GCM) multiplayer games, we limit what you can tc and directly order (we play courier by brigade) to any unit within 50 yards. Of course, we can send couriers to any subordinate commander at any time. I usually control a division and command the regiments of one brigade directly and use brigade commands on the others. We allow tc'ing of battery commanders and bullet wagons at any time.

Playing single-player (something I rarely do) and controlling a corps, perhaps only allow yourself to tc and issue direct orders to brigade commanders and regiments within 200 yards or so.