South Mountain Scenarios

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
charlesobscure
Reactions:

South Mountain Scenarios

Post by charlesobscure »

Is anyone else having a tough time with these?

I understand that the third Ripley scenario is Grognard, but I'm even having a tough time with the fourth scenario (Reno). How is the Reno scenario winnable when the victory location at Fox's Gap only gives you 100 points for every 9 minutes that you hold it???
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: South Mountain Scenarios

Post by Little Powell »

Was hoping someone would have replied to you by now, but have you been able to make any more progress with these scenarios?

About the Reno scenario (SM04). You may not have played it long enough for the whole story to be revealed. ;)

Keep in mind, the 10 min Fox's Gap objective is not there to give you a lot of points. It is only part of your battle plan, not the only objective, as indicated in the scenario intro.

You are told to clear the enemy from Fox's Gap, hold it against further attacks from the enemy, then clear Turner's Gap if possible. You shouldn't have much trouble clearing Fox's gap, and when you do, the Turner's Gap Objective will appear... And thats when things will get interesting, making it one of the more challenging scenarios of the battle..

Couple of tips:
SPOILER: SHOW
charlesobscure
Reactions:

Re: South Mountain Scenarios

Post by charlesobscure »

Thanks! I'll keep pluggin' away :)