Eckmuhl Campaign OOB

gunship24
Reactions:

Eckmuhl Campaign OOB

Post by gunship24 »

Hello all,

Here are a set of OOBs covering the Eckmuhl Campaign of 1809. There is a Full (160k per side), Large (100k) and Lite (80k). Even the 'lite' version is big. The Full version has all the units involved in the campaign up to the Battle of Eckmuhl 1809, including a new sprite, Baden fusilier, used to represent a number of units from Baden and Hesse-Darmstadt. The Large and Lite versions are missing Divisions and Corps. I have also added the Battle of Eckmuhl Day 2 OOB for both SR8 and normal sprite ratio.

Important:
The Campaign OOB are designed and tested at Sprite Ratio 8 (selectable in the options menu)

Download Link and Install:
LINK
Extract the Patch folder to your mod directory and activate it.

Note: Not sure if it works in MP due to multiple file issue. If it doesnt and you want to use the new OOBs simply load up the OOB, find all the "BAD_FUS" entries and replace it with "FR_LEGERE_1" or another unit of your choice. Then copy the OOB to the main Road to Wagram and Penninsular Mod folder. Remeber to deactive this patch.

All the Corps are balanced so selecting Corps vs Corps will give a good sandbox game. All the artillery reserves have been removed for this reason.
Last edited by gunship24 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Re: Eckmuhl Campaign OOB

Post by Jack ONeill »

Awesome.

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Okay, just ran this thru a bit. Let me just say - "OUTSTANDING!!!!" Have a MAJOR action going on with DaVs 10 mile map and a ZILLION troops on the field! I actually have to command a Corps/Korps just to make things happen. Just the movement so far of so many men is incredible. Oh, am using the FULL Army on each side. Sweet!

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Jack - I'm sure that you are playing without the houses,fences,etc , but also remove the trees, grass clumps, and flowers from the mapname.csv file.

This should give you roughly four or five more FPS.

I have been playing without the trees for a month or more, and now I don't miss them. I didn't mess with the fields, they don't seem to mess up the FPS that much.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Dav,

Yes - removed the buildings, fences, etc. Trees and such don't seem to slow down the game running much, so I left them in. Amazing the damn thing runs at all. LOL!

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Brother Gun,

I have found the tiniest flaw in the Eckmuhl OOB - There are two Division Morands and Division Gudins on the French side. Davouts 3rd. Corps and Lannes Provisional Corps have two of the same Divisions. As I recall, Lannes took command of Morand and Gudin on the 2nd days fighting, after Davout had fought the Austrians to a standstill and escaped the trap Charles tried to spring on him the 1st day, leaving him with Friant and St. Hilaire. Lannes later took command of the 2nd Corps on the march to Vienna. Am I in error on this?

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Jack, thanks for spotting that. I have deleted Lannes Corps from the campaign OOBs. He can still be played in the Abensberg OOB. I have updated the download link with the changes.
Last edited by gunship24 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trapper
Reactions:

Post by Trapper »

Thank you Gunship my hats off to you for giving us another excellent addition. I'm playing the full oob, sr8 on the 10 mile map and it is absolutely fantastic to see and order around such large numbers of troops on a big map. A few frames slower on my system but still very playable on high settings with a few less trees. The new Baden unit looks fabulous, a very nice addition. These armies are very well represented and it's a real pleasure to play a large well balanced oob from the 1809 campaign. :woohoo:
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Hey Gunship24 nice OOBs :)

There are a couple of errors that will/may cause the game to crash I think attributed to some missing Graphics looking at the log file it can't find the following:

GFX_Bavarian_Cav (Flag) I have ammended by using GFX_Bavarian_Unit

However it also says it can't find:

AUS_UHLAN
AUS_LANDWEHR
AUS_FREIKORPS

Have you got some new sprites loaded up and not shared out perhaps? as yet I can see in packed that you have included The new Baden sprites (wish I known could have used these in my Peninsular War Pack! - Use the Bavarian troops)

Other that the above though its a great addition congrats - looking forward to your version of Wagram - mine frankly sucks big time!

Zeke
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Zeke,

You may have a corrupted download. I have run thru a number of different OOB combos - Corps vs. Korps, etc. - and have found no issues with sprites. Hmmm.....Will go back and check.

Gun,

Found another tiny flaw - Corps vs. Korps - Davouts 3rd. Corps shows 1,1,1,0,0,0 - should be 1,1,2,0,0,0 Otherwise you can't select a Division within it and it crashes.

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"