Some Additional Nap Flags

Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Re: Some Optional Nap Flags

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Thanks Reb. With all the new flags, we can make the nappy battlefield even more confusing than it already is. :ohmy:
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I would like to request Prussians if no one else has already done so. They were in most of the coalitions. Can finally make the full Waterloo OOB too with those :woohoo:
Ha, exactly my thinking, I'm already on it. Feel free to post requested flags, not too small, at least 150 pixels across for square and 180 for rectangle...squared up clean/clear examples with no shadows or built in waves are best. Thanks...
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Awesome flags Reb! They look much more detailed than mine.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

RB,

Yes, a couple of generic Prussian Flags, (say one Infantry size and a smaller one for Cavalry/Artillery), would be great. I am being drawn, ever so slowly, towards the 1813 campaign. Seriously need Prussians for that. We don't have any sprites, (yet), for them, but obviously that hasn't stopped me yet. (Yes, of course, I am currently working on an 1813 OOB - for Dresden: August 1813. We have Austrians and erzatz-Russians for that one. We can leave out the Prussians for now.)

The cool thing about the 1813 campaign is the incredible number of different uniforms/unit types there will be on both sides, almost all of which we already have, thanks to Gunship and Zeke. I have come across some great OOB/Numbers information there, too. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Thank you again Reb, those Spanish flags are just what I need!

Oh? Did Zeke issue some sprites? I missed that!

Reb - absolutely everything you could want here:

http://www.warflag.com/napflags/html/flags.htm

I'd love to see 1 Italian and 1 Neapolitan flag, (a big and a small for inf and cav) then for Waterloo 1 each for:

Brunswick, Hanover, Nassau, Dutch-Belgians... then as people have suggested, the Prussians.

You're doing a grand job.
The cool thing about the 1813 campaign is the incredible number of different uniforms/unit types there will be on both sides, almost all of which we already have, thanks to Gunship and Zeke. I have come across some great OOB/Numbers information there, too. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Swedes! I used to have, many years ago, a SYW Swedish army and an 1813 one both in 15mm. Great uniforms.
Last edited by Saddletank on Sat May 25, 2013 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

S,

That website is awesome! If I had ANY ability at all, I'd be doing flags hand-over-fist. Alas, such is not the case. I can only do Mods. I can't even figure out Paint.net. LOL! Oh well...

Zeke did the French Republic uniforms for Hohenlinden, Montebello, etc.

Yes, RB is outstanding!!

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

I'd love to see 1 Italian and 1 Neapolitan flag, (a big and a small for inf and cav) then for Waterloo 1 each for:

Brunswick, Hanover, Nassau, Dutch-Belgians... then as people have suggested, the Prussians.

Reb, you know they won't be happy until you've made every one of those flags. ;)
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Reb, you know they won't be happy until you've made every one of those flags. ;)
Ha, looks that way. Still, by the purposeful nature of this thread I don't feel at all obligated, or pressed. If it's treated as a wish list and nothing more, then of course all requests are welcome.

Tank, got that thread a while back, that's where 'The Black Watch' build came from...still, thanks. Also, the upcoming Prussian sets will come from that link. Not sure about your latest requests, I have no leads, just clues. You need to post specifics Sir.

Jack, yeah, there are more flags that I can handle with another lifetime, so, learn Paint.net and help out here, dangit. Possibly one of the days in the somewhat distant future I'll make a Fraps FLAG MAKING VIDEO and include templates for the lesson...but, no promises.

Guys, making smaller flags for cav and arty are of course possible but small built flags lose quality big time. I've found that making them normal size then scaling them down works best much of the time. YOU GUYS CAN DO THIS and I'm requesting that you do. In the gfx file look at line 20, GFX_Westfalia_1st_Hussars...this is a good example. Note the 'Hi scale and levitate' column numbers...these are all you need to change. So, when you see a flag you want to also represent cav or arty (or whatever) - copy (duplicate line), rename, and edit those columns. Thanks...
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Jack, yeah, there are more flags that I can handle with another lifetime, so, learn Paint.net and help out here, dangit.
Jack , it might be a lot easier to try editing some of the flags that Reb has made, instead of starting from scratch!

This way you would learn how the process works.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Jack, yeah, there are more flags that I can handle with another lifetime, so, learn Paint.net and help out here, dangit.
Jack , it might be a lot easier to try editing some of the flags that Reb has made, instead of starting from scratch!

This way you would learn how the process works.

davinci
Thanks D, file editing yes, but graphics editing probably not. Besides, once compressed and reopened the graphics go to crap, plus not much to learn doing that. I'll release some original templates one of these days, depending on feedback, and confirmation that some folks are actually learning Paint.net, the only app you'll need. Of course, excel or open office knowledge is extremely useful...don't know how anyone edits .csv files with notepad. :woohoo: