Some Additional Nap Flags

Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Some Optional Nap Flags

Post by Davinci »

Reb , I tried editing one of your flags a long time ago without the wind effect, it came out alright, but I quickly turned my attention to something else.

It just didn't look as good as one of your flags.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

All,

DaV,

Thanks. Thats what I was trying to do - edit, not create. But, since I'm lame as crap, It'll take me awhile to even figure out how to do that.

RB,

If I'm REALLY lucky, I'll figure out Paint.Net someday. (Ha! - Fat Chance there).
BUT, Line 20 - I've been trying to do just that but editing/using the wrong lines. Will plunge into those right away and report back. All I really wanted to do was make them smaller anyway. Thanks for the tip.

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

Note - I can't edit this stuff on anything BUT Notepad. I have some sort of mental block with Excel. I just can't get my poor, tired brain wrapped around it. Notepads fine for me. For some reason, I CAN translate it more easily.
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Sun May 26, 2013 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

The attachment screen0082.jpg is no longer available
All,

Okay! Here we go - Using the Russian_Line1812 flag already in the .csv files as an example, I changed the "Hi Scale" column number of "1" to ".5". This reduced the size of the flag to half of the original one. Perfect!! I fiddled with the "Levitate" column number a bit, but decided to leave it at the stock number as it didn't seem to make much difference. All I did after that was add _1 to the original GFX line. Yes, I copied it first before I did anything to it. When I get my head out, I'll post a screenshot with both sizes in it.

Thanks RB! Outstanding! :laugh:

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

Here we go - Using RBs information, Ive reduced the stock Russian flag by half AND RBs Russian flag by half also. Sweet. I have now replaced all the Austrian Flags with the new, smaller Russian ones and am using RBs yellow Russian flag for Army, Corps and Division Commanders.
Attachments
screen0082.jpg
screen0082.jpg (915.78 KiB) Viewed 163 times
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Mon May 27, 2013 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Molon Labe"
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I fiddled with the "Levitate" column number a bit, but decided to leave it at the stock number as it didn't seem to make much difference.
Jack this column does work I use 185 - Officers , 160 - Infantry , and 210 - enemy flags , but you may find that to be too low!

davinci
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

DaV,

Yes, it works. I just like the flags pretty much where they are, so I didn't change anything.

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Set 5 - Prussia, Regiments 1,2,3&4,and 8 - Representing the 2nd Battalion Black Flags (1st Bn are primarily white...later set possibly)

Ya can't forget where in the movie Waterloo the Prussian commander boldly announces that the "Black Flags" have arrived. Maybe we'll coin them for SOW as those "verdammten schwarzen Fahnen", or VSF :evil:

Same scenario for demo, select Side 2 Brigade - Brig Gen Luiz Fonseca

Nap_Flags_Sets_1-5

The attachment Set5PrussianRegts.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
Set5PrussianRegts.jpg
Set5PrussianRegts.jpg (300.83 KiB) Viewed 163 times
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Brother,

The awesome-ness that surrounds you is incredible! The flags are great!

All - Okay Kids, here we go. Lutzen and Bautzen 1813 AND Prussians at Waterloo are now a possibility. Portuguese Regulars can double for Prussian Musketeers for now but I'm not sure who to use for the Prussian Fusiliers - they had a Green coat and Grey trousers. Thoughts??

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Mon May 27, 2013 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Molon Labe"
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Jack in the above picture, I think that your cavalry flags are too small but the Infantry flags look good!

davinci
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

Great work fellas.

Love those black flags, RebB.

"Onward my children.....I will kill any man I see with pity in his eyes" (or something similar :) )
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

DaV,

I think so too, but it may be just a visual thing. I parked a unit of Cav with a different unit flag next to each other and they are very close to the same size. The Infantry are the "stock" or normal size. I'm sure I'll fart around with them continuously for sizes. :laugh:

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"