Some Additional Nap Flags

Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Re: Some Optional Nap Flags

Post by Jack ONeill »

Gun,

Thought you'd mentioned earlier there were Westphalian Flags in there. Haven't had a need to look...yet.

On a different note - Russian sprites and Flags??? YES!

I am currently working on a Borodino OOB, concentrating on the Russian Right Wing under Barclay de Tolly - 4 Russian Infantry Corps, (including the 5th. (Guard) Corps.) and 3 Russian Cavalry Corps. I am debating how much Artillery to give them, as in the Arty Reserve. Should work out to be about 65,000 men, more or less. The French will be Eugene's 4th. Corps d' Armee, with the 2 Divisions of Davouts attached and Grouchy's Cavalry Corps in Reserve, again about 60-65,000 men.

Question - The French Infantry had supposedly changed, in 1812, to the 1812 "Kinski" Tunic or Jacket as the new uniform. We don't have that as a sprite. Which uniform would you recommend for the French? The "original" 1809 Mod uniform with the black gaiters or the "Peninsula" Mod uniform with the long, white trousers? Either one is fine. Would like your input. (For those of you who don't know, the Kinski Tunic had a reduced or shorter tail-section to the coat, as opposed to longer tailed coat of the two previous iterations of French uniforms, holdovers from the 18th. Century. They also wore straight, full length trousers, similar to what we wear today. Ah the french...always slaves to fashion...LOL!).

I look forward to replacing my Psuedo-Russians with actual Russian sprites. :laugh: :cheer:

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

Note - Just finished the Russian side - 68,000 men. Not a bad guess, eh?
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Mon May 13, 2013 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Set 2 features:

The Black Watch - British 42nd Regiment and State Regiment Flags...for the Highlanders
The Die Hards - British 57th Regiment and State Regiment Flags...Yeah, for Geoff

Demonstrated in same scenario, but scenario is changed to 'Select Officer' form...select Major Hoghton's Brigade to view flags in action

Nap_Flags_Set1_2

The attachment FlagSet2.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
FlagSet2.jpg
FlagSet2.jpg (339.71 KiB) Viewed 169 times
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Thanks a lot Reb.

Still love the old Regiment after all these years.

Geoff Laver, Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Thanks a lot Reb.

Still love the old Regiment after all these years.

Geoff Laver, Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
You're most welcome Sir. FYI, here's the source for the 57th flags, hope it's accurate to the Nap era.

http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=57th_Foot
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Wow, nice. Those graphics look really crisp.
hope it's accurate to the Nap era.
Sadly, it isn't, which is a great pity. It lacks the red St Patrick's cross (saltire) of Ireland which was added to the Union Flag in 1801. If you look at the Black Watch flag you'll see the difference - that one is correct. All of the British flags already in the mod have the right design too.

The source you used was from the Seven Years War era (1756-1763) and in that period the Union flag didn't have the St Patricks cross.

You're not alone and don't fell bad about it, its a mistake very often made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Jack
Last edited by Saddletank on Wed May 15, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Wow, nice. Those graphics look really crisp.
hope it's accurate to the Nap era.
Sadly, it isn't, which is a great pity. It lacks the red St Patrick's cross (saltire) of Ireland which was added to the Union Flag in 1801. If you look at the Black Watch flag you'll see the difference - that one is correct. All of the British flags already in the mod have the right design too.

The source you used was from the Seven Years War era (1756-1763) and in that period the Union flag didn't have the St Patricks cross.

You're not alone and don't fell bad about it, its a mistake very often made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Jack
Much appreciated. Was hoping the King's colors were just unique to the 57th, your research proves otherwise. Or, do you Brits just know your flags...many Americans don't know how many states (stars on the US flag) there are. :huh:
Hey, maybe these flags can serve a Seven Years War Mod, I just got it started, now, some sprites and OOBs please. :P
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Set 3 - Naples 1800 front and back, Naples 1811, Westfalia 1st Hussars

Same scenario for demo, select French 2nd Division - GdD Honoré Théodore Maxime Gazan

TGA labeled and compressed samples are included with this download for comparison (to the left as you open the scenario). Up close you will notice the splotchy effects of TGA compression...this is why I prefer DDS. Got it Jack? Also Jack, you asked about GFX tags...HUH? Copy the name, column A in the gfx file into the oob flag column(s), save, and you're good to go.

Nap_Flags_Sets_1_2_3

The attachment NapFlagsSet3.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
NapFlagsSet3.jpg
NapFlagsSet3.jpg (409.27 KiB) Viewed 169 times
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

RB,

Understood. I've only worked with .tga files so wouldn't have known about the .dds file flag concept. Also, have never been able to open a .dds file so have no way of knowing about them. Outstanding to be able to use your work in th rest of the Mod. Will check it out and advise, probably with screenshots. LOL!

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Jack, to view DDS files download:
http://www.irfanview.com/

To edit them I use Paint.Net, also a FREE download
Last edited by RebBugler on Sun May 19, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Reb - Excellent Screenshot, I would think that you would play without the houses using the Napoleon Mod !

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!