Some Additional Nap Flags

Zeke
Reactions:

Re: Some Additional Nap Flags

Post by Zeke »

I have been working on a few additions – although we have Prussian Infantry and Russian infantry I thought that there should be a couple of nice addon’s

Firstly here is a Prussian Unit Flag:

And for the Russians you can have a Russian army without Cossacks!!! – These were done by the very talented Alessillo for his excellent Fredrick the great mod on TC2M so ported over to SOWG:

And finally for the moment as I’m doing Wagram I thought that I could do with some Saxon Cavalry the Garde du Corps Cavalry wore red with a Bearskin not unlike the Scot Greys cavalry done by Remus and Gunship24 so:

I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Z,

Cossacks and Saxon Horse! Outstanding!
Am working on a Leipzig-Based OOB, more Game-type than Historical-type, which will have, probably, an Army Corps from all the Allied troops of both sides, EXCEPT the Italians, (since they were busy in Italy), and the Swedes, (sorry Tank), since we don't have any sprites for them. (I am, of course, open to suggestions for substitutes). We have such a plethora of sprites now, I cannot not do this.

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Z,

Cossacks and Saxon Horse! Outstanding!
Am working on a Leipzig-Based OOB, more Game-type than Historical-type, which will have, probably, an Army Corps from all the Allied troops of both sides, EXCEPT the Italians, (since they were busy in Italy), and the Swedes, (sorry Tank), since we don't have any sprites for them. (I am, of course, open to suggestions for substitutes). We have such a plethora of sprites now, I cannot not do this.

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)
Portuguese Fusiliers and French light troops would be the closest Jack -

http://www.napoleon-series.org/military ... forms.html

Do we have flags for Sweden? - Interestingly enough they were led later in the war by a the former French Marshal Jean Bernadotte (who was removed by Napoleon after Wagram 1809 when he withdrew his troops without permission) he later became Charles XIV John (king of Sweden and Norway) he was seen as a traitor in France but he is still revered in Sweden and Norway (the current Swedish royal family traces their ancestry back to him when he was adopted by Charles XIII in 1810)
Last edited by Zeke on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ulysses S. Grant
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

The reduced cavalry flag looks great Zeke, what size did you use? Could you share the code here maybe?
Yep very easy open the "gfx file" and chose the flag you want to reduce.

Copy the line and then paste remembering to change the name from GFX_Italy_Naples_1800_Reg to for example: GFX_ItalyCav_Naples_1800_Reg

Then go to the column labelled "Hi Scale" and change the new line from 0.45 to 0.35

Save the file and then open OOB and add the new flag name when the battle starts you will see the reduced flags for you cavalry or artillery
Last edited by Zeke on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ulysses S. Grant
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Thanks very much - I think cavalry will need the flag raising from the ground a little though, won't they? I'll try a value of 255 instead of the 215 in the end column (Gunships values). Your Cossacks image shows a flag that's too low I think. It's finial needs to be up there at the height of the lance points.

I don't think Gunship has created a Royal Scots Greys sprite set? If he has, how did I miss it?

BTW I have sent you another PM.
Last edited by Saddletank on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Thanks very much - I think cavalry will need the flag raising from the ground a little though, won't they? I'll try a value of 255 instead of the 215 in the end column (Gunships values). Your Cossacks image shows a flag that's too low I think. It's finial needs to be up there at the height of the lance points.

I don't think Gunship has created a Royal Scots Greys sprite set? If he has, how did I miss it?

BTW I have sent you another PM.
The Scots Grey model is from those heady TC2M forum days - then it was a Gunship and Remus collaboration (Wonder if Remus is over here now?)- And yep your right about the flags they are a bit low - Trial and error .....trial and error :)

PS Messaged you back!

Zeke

Ulysses S. Grant
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

The Russians are Coming...

The attachment NapFlags.zip is no longer available
The attachment RussianFlags1.jpg is no longer available
...or so I've been told. ;)
Attachments
RussianFlags1.jpg
RussianFlags1.jpg (55.88 KiB) Viewed 629 times
NapFlags.zip
(1.85 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Just what the doctor ordered. :laugh: Many thanks Reb, Borodino is going to be very colorful.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Lovely...........

Many thanks Reb.

Martin
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

The Russians are Coming...
...or so I've been told. ;)
All peoples to leave flom stleet.

{One of the funniest movies about the cold war era}
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863